OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Discussions » Open VZ + VirtualBox together???
Open VZ + VirtualBox together??? [message #31235] Sat, 21 June 2008 17:14 Go to next message
markandeya is currently offline  markandeya
can Open VZ be installed with Virtual Box also on the same linux machine? The Open VZ to run a number of linux flavors simultaneously while Virtual Box could be running windows XP??
This would allow teaching where the students could see how programs look and work in different OS and platforms.
Open VZ is much more efficient for running Linux distributions and Virtual Box would allow students to also see a Windows environment. SO Especially if one wants to teach Open Office or other cross platform programs or programs written in cross platform languages or show how cool Linux is compared to Windows this would be nice. Less memory would be needed than if one had to run all these OSes in Virtual Box.
Thanks for any ideas, knowledge, or comments, Markandeya
Re: Open VZ + VirtualBox together??? [message #31238 is a reply to message #31235] Sat, 21 June 2008 20:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
swindmill is currently offline  swindmill
I see no reason for it not working. I use vmware server on a few different machines that are also running an openvz kernel.
Re: Open VZ + VirtualBox together??? [message #31243 is a reply to message #31238] Sun, 22 June 2008 15:02 Go to previous message
markandeya is currently offline  markandeya
Many thanks for the "voice of experience". It sounds great and i will be trying it. Thank you for the quick reply, now i'm fired up. Markandeya
Previous Topic: /proc/meminfo inside VE
Next Topic: Opensuse template
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 04 07:04:37 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01650 seconds