OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Clearing/resetting user_beancounter?
Clearing/resetting user_beancounter? [message #2796] Fri, 21 April 2006 09:03 Go to next message
billybofh is currently offline  billybofh
Apologies if this is covered somewhere and I've missed it in the userguide or forums (I tried a few different searches) - but how do I reset the stats in the user_beancounter for VPS's?

As my VPS's are running I'm seeing a few that hit their limits so I adjust, but it'd be nice to clear the stats so that I can see new problems rather than having to double-check that it's just showing up the problem I've already adjusted for Smile
Re: Clearing/resetting user_beancounter? [message #2797 is a reply to message #2796] Fri, 21 April 2006 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kir is currently offline  kir

The thing is, there can be many application who reads /proc/user_beancounters, and thus if you will reset it you gonna have problems with those other apps.

Consider what happens if you will reset you sent/received packets/bytes statistics on the network interface -- programs which reads will be screwed up.

So the proper thing to watch for is not the current value of, say, failcnt, but whether it is increased or not. You can write a simple shell script to do just that.

Kir Kolyshkin
http://static.openvz.org/userbars/openvz-developer.png
Re: Clearing/resetting user_beancounter? [message #2800 is a reply to message #2797] Fri, 21 April 2006 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
billybofh is currently offline  billybofh
Fair enough Smile
Re: Clearing/resetting user_beancounter? [message #4520 is a reply to message #2800] Thu, 13 July 2006 08:02 Go to previous message
kir is currently offline  kir

The info from this thread has been summarized at wiki: UBC failcnt reset.

Kir Kolyshkin
http://static.openvz.org/userbars/openvz-developer.png
Previous Topic: *SOLVED* Internet Connectivity
Next Topic: How to reset the failcount (failcnt) in /dev/user_beancounters ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 00:06:00 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01665 seconds