OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » *SOLVED* iptables ipt_recent support in openvz?
*SOLVED* iptables ipt_recent support in openvz? [message #2021] Wed, 15 March 2006 10:20 Go to next message
vintam is currently offline  vintam
Hello,

I'd like to ask is the current openvz version cannot support the ipt_recent module yet? Can I fix it by rebuilding the kernel?

It is because if ipt_recent can be used, it can use the iptables to do a very powerful per client ip address connection limitation inside the VPS.

I'm using the kernel version: 2.6.8-022stab064.1-smp in our production server. I've loaded the ipt_recent module at the host with modprobe already.

I've tried to add ipt_recent to /etc/sysconfig/vz IPTABLES, but it will report:
Unknown iptable module ipt_recent

Anybody have a newer kernel version have the same result too?

Thanks,
Vincent

[Updated on: Mon, 12 November 2007 11:36] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: iptables ipt_recent support in openvz? [message #2022 is a reply to message #2021] Wed, 15 March 2006 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kir is currently offline  kir

ipt_recent is not (yet?) virtualized in OpenVZ, so it can not be used from within a VPS.

Virtualizing it is quite straightforward actually -- you do it similar to what Jason Stubbs did with ipt_REDIRECT: see these devel@ posts.

If you are not a kernel developer, you can file an enhancement request into bugzilla and wait.

Kir Kolyshkin
http://static.openvz.org/userbars/openvz-developer.png
Re: iptables ipt_recent support in openvz? [message #2039 is a reply to message #2022] Thu, 16 March 2006 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vintam is currently offline  vintam
Thanks! I've looked at the code of ipt_redirect and I found that it is quite cryptic for me... Embarassed

I've followed your suggestion to add a request into bugzilla, hope someone is kind enough to add the ipt_recent into openvz, thanks!!

Re: iptables ipt_recent support in openvz? [message #23081 is a reply to message #2039] Mon, 12 November 2007 11:36 Go to previous message
kir is currently offline  kir

This is now fixed (since 028stab049)

Kir Kolyshkin
http://static.openvz.org/userbars/openvz-developer.png
Previous Topic: Ok, I got it up what now?
Next Topic: OpenVZ Kernel + IMQ ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Aug 05 11:19:31 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03220 seconds