OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Oopses in Glibc...
icon5.gif  Oopses in Glibc... [message #12332] Wed, 25 April 2007 09:21 Go to next message
m.s.tremer is currently offline  m.s.tremer
Hello and a good morning to everybody!

I also asked for support in the german area but got no answers ( http://forum.openvz.org/index.php?t=tree&th=2387&sta rt=0&). Now, I am going to try it out in the international area of your forum Very Happy

gettext                         [     0.14.5 ]            [       95 ] [ DONE ]
 kbd                             [       1.12 ]            [        8 ] [ DONE ]
 popt                            [     1.10.4 ]            [       31 ] [ DONE ]
 sysvinit                        [       2.86 ]            [        2 ] [ DONE ]
 misc-progs                      [     ipfire ]            [        1 ] [ DONE ]
 e2fsprogs                       [       1.39 ]            [       71 ] [ DONE ]
 libaal                          [      1.0.5 ]            [       27 ] [ DONE ]
 reiser4progs                    [      1.0.5 ]            [      188 ] [ DONE ]
 reiserfsprogs                   [     3.6.19 ]            [       38 ] [ DONE ]
 sysfsutils                      [      1.3.0 ]            [       19 ] [ DONE ]
 util-linux                      [      2.12r ]            [       12 ] [ DONE ]
 pciutils                        [      2.2.3 ]            [        4 ] [ DONE ]
 zlib                            [      1.2.3 ]            [        8 ] [ DONE ]
 wget                            [     1.10.2 ]            [       29 ] [ DONE ]
 libxml2                         [     2.6.26 ]                         
 *** glibc detected *** double free or corruption (!prev):   0x08de97f8 ***
                                                         [      174 ] [ FAIL ]
 ERROR: Building libxml2
      Check /serv/ipfire/trunk/log/_build.installer.log for errors if applicable
                                                                      [ FAIL ]
 ***Sending error message*** glibc detected *** double free or corruption (!prev): 0x08de97f8 ***

I'm going to build a linux distribution from source in a VE.

I have chosen OpenVZ because I can manage the resources of the node.

But during the build process the compiler sometimes says "Aborted" and dies with the message over there.

After that I installed a fresh Centos5 on the node (before: FC5) and the error was the same.

In the VE there were a FC5 and an Ubuntu but they all produce the same errors.

Today I tried a build on the hardware node itself and hey --> Same error.

Is there a chance to change the kernel to a devel version? (Linux hsclix17.intra 2.6.18-8.el5.028stab027.1 #1 SMP Thu Apr 5 20:23:39 MSD 2007 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux)

Or do you think what causes the error?

Thanks in advance for help!

Michael

[Updated on: Wed, 25 April 2007 09:21]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Oopses in Glibc... [message #12338 is a reply to message #12332] Wed, 25 April 2007 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vasily Tarasov is currently offline  Vasily Tarasov
1) I suppose there is something in /serv/ipfire/trunk/log/_build.installer.log
2) When I see this output:
 reiser4progs                    [      1.0.5 ]            [      188 ] [ DONE ]
 reiserfsprogs                   [     3.6.19 ]            [       38 ] [ DONE ]
 sysfsutils                      [      1.3.0 ]            [       19 ] [ DONE ]
 util-linux                      [      2.12r ]            [       12 ] [ DONE ]
 pciutils                        [      2.2.3 ]            [        4 ] [ DONE ]
 zlib                            [      1.2.3 ]            [        8 ] [ DONE ]
the question arises: who outputs that? In other words, what soft do you run to "o build a linux distribution from source". Smile
3) For me it seems to be an error of the soft from point 2. Please, try to run this "building process" on usual CentOS kernel.

Thank you,
Vasily.
Re: Oopses in Glibc... [message #12356 is a reply to message #12338] Wed, 25 April 2007 16:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1) There is really nothing in the logs... Neither /var/log/messages nor any other (dmesg...). GCC simply dies with SegFault.

2) The environment is a bunch of makefiles that run "./configure .. . && make && make install"

3) The same build process runs on any other kernel I know...
(Fedora Core 5/6, SuSE 9.3/10.0/10.2, Debian 3.1)
Now, it is running on the real Centos kernel... I'm still waiting... No errors yet...

Hardware was completely tested by memtest & cpuburn.

Michael

[Updated on: Wed, 25 April 2007 16:12]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Oopses in Glibc... [message #12358 is a reply to message #12356] Wed, 25 April 2007 16:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can I download somethere the system you're building in order to reproduce it on my local node?

Thank you.
Re: Oopses in Glibc... [message #12360 is a reply to message #12358] Wed, 25 April 2007 16:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, of course it is OpenSource.

Here you can find a small tutorial: http://wiki.ipfire.org/index.php/Building_Howto

It's in german, but the commands are the same Wink

Michael

P.S. We have an IRC channel on irc.freenode.net #ipfire
I will be there this evening and the whole day, tomorrow.
Maybe, you can have access to our sytem.
Re: Oopses in Glibc... [message #12365 is a reply to message #12360] Wed, 25 April 2007 17:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello, I'm in the process of reproducing (it downloads something =)). I'm afraid I don't have time to check it today in evening (it's prity late here in Moscow), but I'll defenetley try it tomorrow in the morning.

Vasily.
Re: Oopses in Glibc... [message #12366 is a reply to message #12365] Wed, 25 April 2007 18:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

yeah okay, I have got a lot of time Very Happy

Building on the node with original kernel is still in progress...

What about your channel #openvz? Are you there, sometimes?

Mitch
Re: Oopses in Glibc... [message #12609 is a reply to message #12332] Fri, 04 May 2007 07:31 Go to previous message
dev is currently offline  dev

Just an idea: glibc corrupted area can be detected due to 2 reasons:
- HW memory corruptions, so check your HW (http://wiki.openvz.org/Hardware_testing)
- Software memory corruptions. Yes, software can be faulty too :@)
The same software can work find with another kernel, since e.g. RHEL5 kernel has so called execschield feature, which randomizes address space and if software is not ready for this - can affect it. So you can try booting with "noexec=off" kernel option or try mainstream 2.6.18-OVZ kernel.

http://static.openvz.org/userbars/openvz-developer.png
Previous Topic: Can't use IPTables inside a VE - still broken
Next Topic: Create private network between VPS not bound to NIC
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:28:46 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01705 seconds