OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » *CLOSED* Application templates.
*CLOSED* Application templates. [message #11367] Wed, 21 March 2007 18:35 Go to next message
mattiker is currently offline  mattiker
Hi,

I'm fairly new to this openvz stuff but have some experience with my work of using virtuozzo. I've just installed openvz on a test server and got some VE's up and running, great.

Now my attention turns to application templates, it keeps mentioning these in the documentation.... but I'm lost as how to create them, install them etc...the set of utilities available in openvz are very limited compared to virtuozzo (as you'd expect)...but I was hoping to be able to manage application templates?

Can I create and install application templates...or are they only available in virtuozzo?

Thanks,

Matt

[Updated on: Mon, 26 March 2007 08:47] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Application templates. [message #11375 is a reply to message #11367] Thu, 22 March 2007 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vasily Tarasov is currently offline  Vasily Tarasov
There are no application templates in OpenVZ. Application templates allow to save space: a lot of VEs have the same applications inside, so the files of such applications can be stored separately in only one place (in temlpate). This mechanism is managed by vzfs, that is not available in OpenVZ.

In order to install applications in VE you can:
- install them from VE using usual rpm/yum/(make && make install/...
- use vzyum on HN to install applications from repos in VEs.
Note, however, that you don't save space: each VE has its own files.

Vasily.
Re: Application templates. [message #31426 is a reply to message #11375] Sun, 29 June 2008 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rene is currently offline  Rene
Is this still true June 2008?
Re: Application templates. [message #31498 is a reply to message #31426] Tue, 01 July 2008 23:35 Go to previous message
dowdle is currently offline  dowdle
I believe Application templates rely on Virtuozzo's vzfs filesystem... which requires updates to some packages on the host node and in the containers... in order to achieve the space savings... using extended file attributes

OpenVZ does not offer vzfs.

--
TYL, Scott Dowdle
Belgrade, Montana, USA
Previous Topic: OpenVZ ???
Next Topic: Beginer Question
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Oct 17 05:20:41 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05301 seconds