OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Discussions » *SOLVED* Debian Etch kernel patch won't apply clean
*SOLVED* Debian Etch kernel patch won't apply clean [message #10631] Sat, 24 February 2007 20:56 Go to next message
jarcher is currently offline  jarcher
Hi All...

I am trying to build an OVZ kernel for Debian Etch per the instructions in the wiki here:

http://wiki.openvz.org/Installation_on_Debian

After installing the kernel source and OVZ kernel patch packages from the Debian distro, I try to run the patch but it emits errors:

Quote:

actual:/usr/src/linux-source-2.6.18# ../kernel-patches/all/apply/openvz
START applying openvz patch (OpenVZ kernel patch for virtual server support)
Testing whether "OpenVZ kernel patch for virtual server support" patch for 2.6.18 applies (dry run):
1 out of 7 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file mm/fremap.c.rej
5 out of 44 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file mm/memory.c.rej
1 out of 6 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file mm/mprotect.c.rej
6 out of 29 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file net/ipv4/netfilter/ip_tables.c.rej
1 out of 8 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file net/ipv6/udp.c.rej
"OpenVZ kernel patch for virtual server support" patch for 2.6.18 does not apply cleanly

It looks like the kernel source version and the patch version got out of sync on the distro somehow. Is there a workaround for this?

I need a 64bit enterprise kernel that can see at least 16MB RAM. I grabbed the precompiled image and am using it for now, but it sees only 4GB RAM.

Thanks...

[Updated on: Tue, 27 February 2007 07:23]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Debian Etch kernel patch won't apply clean [message #10719 is a reply to message #10631] Tue, 27 February 2007 07:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jarcher is currently offline  jarcher
This is a known issue. The kernel source package the patch is designed to run against is not officially in etch yet. I am told that the new kernel source package should be uploaded very soon, in a day or so.
Re: *SOLVED* Debian Etch kernel patch won't apply clean [message #23569 is a reply to message #10631] Tue, 20 November 2007 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
delusive is currently offline  delusive
Seems that story repeats.

# ../kernel-patches/all/apply/openvz
START applying openvz patch (OpenVZ kernel patch for virtual server support)
Testing whether "OpenVZ kernel patch for virtual server support" patch for 2.6.18 applies (dry run):
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file fs/bad_inode.c.rej
"OpenVZ kernel patch for virtual server support" patch for 2.6.18 does not apply cleanly

This is today sources, fetched from repository according to instructions per building kernel on Debian.
Re: *SOLVED* Debian Etch kernel patch won't apply clean [message #24952 is a reply to message #23569] Wed, 12 December 2007 13:40 Go to previous message
curx

Hi,

The Debian linux-source-2.6.18 is updated due security patches (-> [DSA 1428-2]), so the linux-patch-openvz doesnt patch clean to it!

I'm working on to use it witch the new kernel-source-tree, so please wait, and track the http://debian.systs.org/

[Updated on: Wed, 12 December 2007 13:50]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: 64bit Centos Host with a 32bit centos guest possible?
Next Topic: Video Streaming and graphics
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 02 18:22:08 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01801 seconds