OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Discussions » Openvz 9 roadmap? (Wondering if there is any kind of schedule estimate for openvz 9)
Openvz 9 roadmap? [message #53821] Mon, 10 July 2023 20:03 Go to next message
jjs - mainphrame is currently offline  jjs - mainphrame
I'm a happy user of openvz since 2010, have gotten virtuozzo adopted by my past employers, and currently use OVZ 7 for core services. I stubornly continue to use openvz because the containers are more stable and reliable than lxc.

I've been testing pre-releases of OVZ 9 for many months now, but it hasn't come close to beta status, even though the version numbers keep incrementing.

Is there any sort of rough estimate for when to expect a pre-release that is somewhat feature-complete? I don't mind testing something with bugs, but it's unproductive to keep testing something that seems to be in a permanent pre-alpha state.

Inquiring minds want to know.

http://static.openvz.org/userbars/openvz-user.png
Re: Openvz 9 roadmap? [message #53829 is a reply to message #53821] Wed, 20 December 2023 21:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jjs - mainphrame is currently offline  jjs - mainphrame
I've moved to proxmox, which has some nice features, but to be honest, I miss the rock solid reliability of openvz.

I'm lurking here, hoping for some news about OVZ 9. In the meantime, I've downloaded a trial of Virtuozzo hybrid infrastructure.

Hope springs eternal.

http://static.openvz.org/userbars/openvz-user.png
Re: Openvz 9 roadmap? [message #53831 is a reply to message #53829] Sun, 07 January 2024 11:14 Go to previous message
hm2k is currently offline  hm2k
I'd be happy to test OpenVZ 9, what's the latest? What's the roadmap?
Previous Topic: Impact of CentOS 7 EOL on OVZ 7 ?
Next Topic: vzdeploy8 almaconvert8 won't install
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 13:01:29 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04183 seconds