OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Discussions » How the connections work after the migration
How the connections work after the migration [message #7562] Tue, 17 October 2006 13:53 Go to next message
atomico80 is currently offline  atomico80

Hi,

I' interested in some theory...
I installed OVZ, created several VMs, connected them to my local network, accessed remotely via shell and remote desktop... and live migrated these machines among 2 phisical ones.

Can somebody explain me or tell where to find some material that explain how this system works? I mean how all the network level works (mainly on level 2 and 3 OSI) and how it is possible that all the connections on the VM keep on working after the migration?

Which changes happens to the network to let be possible that a machine keeps it's addresses even if moved to another part of the network(and phisically to another cable!)?

I hope my questions are clear enaugh...
Thanks in advance

Ale
Re: How the connections work after the migration [message #23082 is a reply to message #7562] Mon, 12 November 2007 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shyju is currently offline  shyju

I migrated one physical server to a VE,but after migration
the VE is not working ,mainly the network ,sshd services are not
starting in VE...

Re: How the connections work after the migration [message #23760 is a reply to message #7562] Mon, 26 November 2007 03:47 Go to previous message
dontwurk is currently offline  dontwurk
There is this paper describing how Xen handles live migration. I imagine the issues are similar although I'm unaware of how OpenVZ tackles the problem.

Previous Topic: Please help me with OpenVZ
Next Topic: Using VZDUMP Without Tar?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 07 08:36:24 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01471 seconds