OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » prl_disk_tool compact on started containers
prl_disk_tool compact on started containers [message #53209] Thu, 15 March 2018 11:17 Go to next message
javii is currently offline  javii
Hi,

Documentation says prl_disk_tool compact cannot not be used on started containers, but I tried it and it works, I made some tests and it doesn't seems to cause problems.

Is it a new feature or I could experience problems? If it could case problems, it should fails if it runs on a started container.

I plan to do compacts periodically to recover free space. Compacting everyday I recover 20gb of free space.

Kind regards
Re: prl_disk_tool compact on started containers [message #53245 is a reply to message #53209] Fri, 27 April 2018 02:51 Go to previous message
wsap is currently offline  wsap
I'd like to know the answer to this as well! I also ran this on a live container prior to noticing that warning, but all appears to have gone smoothly.

The terminology used in the Virtuozzo 7 documentation indicates that you shouldn't do this on live Virtual Machines, but doesn't say anything specific about containers. I wonder if it's *only* unsafe for full-scale VMs and not containers?
Previous Topic: VPN two way communication
Next Topic: vps-create ERROR
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 07 00:29:18 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01565 seconds