OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Discussions » VMWare Server vs OpenVZ
VMWare Server vs OpenVZ [message #52956] Wed, 06 September 2017 20:02 Go to next message
lupacexi is currently offline  lupacexi
Hi guys

As we all know that openvz is using operating system level virtualization. After googling around reading the datasheet and al l the available information on VMWare website I could not manage to know which virtualization technique VMWare server is using. Is it using full virtualization (hypervisor). anyone knows any place where I can find the software and the vz technique e.g openvz os-level

Best regards
Re: VMWare Server vs OpenVZ [message #53020 is a reply to message #52956] Sun, 29 October 2017 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tomjarecky is currently offline  tomjarecky
I've been an OpenVZ user for many years. I'm wondering if there's and reason why I should upgrade to Virtuozzo? And - how much does it cost? I can't find pricing on the web site. Is there any significant advantages?

This is for my spam filtering company. Currently have about 12 servers running about 50 containers.

Rodzinna atmosfera, wysokie kompetencje kadry przedszkola rzeszów bezpośrednie zaangażowanie w życie i rozwój dzieci.
Re: VMWare Server vs OpenVZ [message #53658 is a reply to message #52956] Wed, 08 July 2020 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vzadmin is currently offline  vzadmin

OpenVZ is a Linux based virtualization platform that allows a physical server to run multiple isolated OS and that knows as containers, OpenVZ run OS such as Centos, Fedora, Gentoo, and Debian. &
VMware KVM, XEN, platforms can be grouped into the same category, the main difference is that they do have will not be noticeable on the virtual server and end-user

Re: VMWare Server vs OpenVZ [message #53797 is a reply to message #53020] Fri, 02 September 2022 07:40 Go to previous message
sahostking is currently offline  sahostking

I think the main difference is "support" and possibly hosting more containers on a server.

If however you are a small hosting company its not really a "requirement" - stick to openvz and kvm for certain tasks.

Previous Topic: Too many errors on container start
Next Topic: Problematic VM migration between hosts
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:32:41 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01728 seconds