OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Discussions » OpenVZ with Kernel 4.X (Does OpenVZ supports kernel version 4.X ?)
OpenVZ with Kernel 4.X [message #52807] Mon, 10 April 2017 12:00 Go to next message
thegeeksalive is currently offline  thegeeksalive
Does OpenVZ support kernel version 4.X ? If so can someone please give me instruction to setup this?
Re: OpenVZ with Kernel 4.X [message #52835 is a reply to message #52807] Tue, 16 May 2017 06:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
raggieapauly is currently offline  raggieapauly
I am also looking for this same info. If anybody knows, please share asap.
Re: OpenVZ with Kernel 4.X [message #52838 is a reply to message #52835] Tue, 16 May 2017 08:56 Go to previous message
khorenko is currently offline  khorenko
Virtuozzo 7 kernel is based on RHEL 7 kernel which is 3.10.0-xxx at the moment.
At the same time these numbers are really very far from actual situation with kernel features,
these numbers mean only that some time ago, RedHat has taken this particular mainstream kernel version and developed for years the kernel to be stable and full-featured - for their Enterprise product.

So i personally do not understand the question about the kernel version number.
Proper question should be - i need feature "ZZZ" in the kernel, let's check if it presents in Virtuozzo kernel.

With that way keeping in mind you'll find very quickly that most kernel features you would like to use are present in RHEL7 and thus in Virtuozzo kernel.

RedHat does port a lot, a LOT of features, including even BIG ones - in case they are really useful.

Hope that helps.

If your problem is solved - please, report it!
It's even more important than reporting the problem itself...
Previous Topic: Why Systemd?
Next Topic: Is OpenVZ 7 ready for production?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:47:48 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01812 seconds