OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Virtualization technology requirements not met when installing on VirtualBox (Virtualization technology requirements not met when installing on VirtualBox)
Virtualization technology requirements not met when installing on VirtualBox [message #52480] Wed, 27 July 2016 09:36 Go to next message
Gonnagle is currently offline  Gonnagle

Hi,

trying to install openvz-iso-7.0.0-3469 on a VirtualBox VM. (Need to have done that, before attempting bare metal.) Now, right after finishing the Grub menu, I get a message "Virtualization technology requirements not met", and a choice between "I want to exit.", and "I want to proceed." Any ideas on how to make that go, for example by changing my VM settings?

Thanks,

Jochen

Re: Virtualization technology requirements not met when installing on VirtualBox [message #52481 is a reply to message #52480] Wed, 27 July 2016 19:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tomp is currently offline  tomp
Maybe its because it now has KVM support and that isn't supported in virtualbox

http://askubuntu.com/questions/328748/how-to-enable-nested-v irtualization-in-ubuntu
Re: Virtualization technology requirements not met when installing on VirtualBox [message #52483 is a reply to message #52480] Thu, 28 July 2016 10:48 Go to previous message
sergeyb is currently offline  sergeyb

> trying to install openvz-iso-7.0.0-3469 on a VirtualBox VM. (Need to have done that, before attempting bare metal.)
> Now, right after finishing the Grub menu, I get a message "Virtualization technology requirements not met",
> and a choice between "I want to exit.", and "I want to proceed."
> Any ideas on how to make that go, for example by changing my VM settings?

OpenVZ provides two types of virtualization: hypervisor based (aka virtual machines) and containers (os level virtualization).
OpenVZ 7.0 uses KVM/QEMU as a hypervisor, it requires hardware support for full support. In case of absence
HW support you can use virtual machines with limitations: only 1 vCPU and AFAIK limited memory amount.

[Updated on: Thu, 28 July 2016 10:48]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: VE Locales Issue
Next Topic: sendmail / exim very slow
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 07:05:54 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01760 seconds