OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » OpenVZ Premade Templates with Console Enabled
icon5.gif  OpenVZ Premade Templates with Console Enabled [message #52459] Sun, 10 July 2016 00:38 Go to next message
DannyMinrow is currently offline  DannyMinrow
So, I am setting up a new VPS host using OpenVZ. I am currently using hostbill as a billing system. Every-time I go to view the console of the VM it has created, it shows just a black input, allows be to type, but does not echo to the server or from the server. I have read that this is because they disable the OpenVZ templates Consoles by default. I have tried to follow a guide to enable the consoles on them, but only a few of the OS's succeeded. If anyone could provide me a location where I can download these templated and that have the console enabled by default, that would be great. I am attempting to use the x64 templates from the OpenVZ website under the column "Precreated templates". https://wiki.openvz.org/Download/template/precreated
Re: OpenVZ Premade Templates with Console Enabled [message #52460 is a reply to message #52459] Tue, 12 July 2016 16:51 Go to previous message
dowdle is currently offline  dowdle
I am not familiar with "hostbill" and am not sure why you want console access to your containers. Using the console is not something I've had a reason to figure out... so I'm curious why you need console access? ssh access and vzctl enter should work. What does console access provide you beyond what ssh and vzctl enter provide?

--
TYL, Scott Dowdle
Belgrade, Montana, USA
Previous Topic: Monitor Container Bandwidth Consumption
Next Topic: cannot assign disk space to the containers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 06 11:18:06 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01883 seconds