OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Container Network Bridge Not Persistent after Reboot (Container Networking Problem)
Container Network Bridge Not Persistent after Reboot [message #52401] Thu, 12 May 2016 20:55 Go to next message
kenhess is currently offline  kenhess
I have successfully setup an OpenVZ host and successfully setup bridging for VETH interfaces. The problem is that when I reboot a container either from inside the container or from the host using vzctl restart, the container reboots, but with no bridge.

After a reboot:

host> # vzctl restart 100

I have to use the brctl statement again to make the network connection active again.

host> # brctl addif br0 veth100.0

And then everything works.

Is there a way to make the bridge persist?
Re: Container Network Bridge Not Persistent after Reboot [message #52403 is a reply to message #52401] Fri, 13 May 2016 03:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
curx

https://wiki.openvz.org/Virtual_Ethernet_device#Making_a_bri dged_veth-device_persistent

[Updated on: Fri, 13 May 2016 03:23]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Container Network Bridge Not Persistent after Reboot [message #52404 is a reply to message #52403] Fri, 13 May 2016 14:43 Go to previous message
kenhess is currently offline  kenhess
There already was a /usr/sbin/vznetaddbr. I moved it and created the one in the instructions. I also added the /usr/sbin/vznetaddroute.
I made all the changes for both.

Still doesn't work.

I have to issue, brctl addif br0 veth100.0 after restarting the container.
Previous Topic: Ploop error (ploop.c:1381)
Next Topic: Can not back up /dev/ploopXXXXX partition since /dev/ploopXXXX partition has the same identifier
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 06 23:05:39 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01571 seconds