OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » OpenVZ container cannot connect to LAN
OpenVZ container cannot connect to LAN [message #52233] Sun, 11 October 2015 13:04 Go to next message
donoskaro is currently offline  donoskaro

Hi all,

I am just starting out with OpenVZ and virtualization.
I have an old Pentium dual-core laptop with ~3GB of RAM and was thinking of running 2 Centos 6.7 containers on if for testing.

My base operating system is Centos 6.7 32-bit and has a static IP which is: 192.168.1.40 (The whole set-up is running on my home network). I have also installed the OpenVZ Web Panel to make managing servers a bit easier for me.
When I was creating my first container I have specified that it should use the IP address 192.168.1.41. I can access the container if I SSH to it from my OpenVZ host machine but not from my Fedora workstation which is also connected to the same network. The container is also not able to access the internet (nothing can be installed via yum).

My aim is to have an OpenVZ server with 2 containers which I can access from anywhere in my home network. At the moment the container is set up to use venet for networking, would changing it to veth help? (removed external link)

Thanks

[Updated on: Mon, 12 October 2015 17:35] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: OpenVZ container cannot connect to LAN [message #52237 is a reply to message #52233] Tue, 13 October 2015 13:25 Go to previous message
tburazin is currently offline  tburazin
Did you allow access for the containers via iptables?

Try:
$ sudo iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o eth0 -j MASQUERADE
$ sudo chkconfig iptables on

blog.codeanywhere.com/tag/tommy-burazin
Previous Topic: Cannot make nfs server inside CT
Next Topic: suexec permission problem when simfs + centos 7 + tar/cp backup
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 07:11:52 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02056 seconds