OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » VPN install on OpenVZ container inside KVM host (VPN install on OpenVZ container inside KVM host with 1 Public IP)
VPN install on OpenVZ container inside KVM host [message #52167] Wed, 26 August 2015 20:36 Go to next message
aslanmax is currently offline  aslanmax
Hello,

I'm very new to virtualization and linux environment.
I am trying to build VPN server(Softether/IPsec/OpenVPN) on a OpenVZ container that resides in a KVM host machine.
We've rent a KVM host from a company, installed Centos6.7 on it and successfuly installed latest OpenVZ kernel on it. We have only one public IP address with KVM host and planning to give private addresses to containers.
I successfully built a Veth container (Centos 6) via following guides from Openvz web pages.
I can reach out to internet from container. I installed VPN Server software on the container successfully .
But I am not able to connect to the VPN server with client.
I don't know if this scenario is logical and can be done. If you please give me some hint I really appreciate.
Thank you very much.
Re: VPN install on OpenVZ container inside KVM host [message #52169 is a reply to message #52167] Thu, 27 August 2015 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
curx

please give more details Smile

- your container vethernet network has an ip from a "private" networks like 10... , 192.168... , 172 ... ?
- how is the setup for access from container to wan/internet ?
- are you using a bridge or routed setup?
- iptables are running on hardware node and container?
- which guide is used?

bye Thorsten
Re: VPN install on OpenVZ container inside KVM host [message #52181 is a reply to message #52167] Wed, 02 September 2015 07:23 Go to previous message
aslanmax is currently offline  aslanmax
Hello Mr. Thorsten,
Sorry for late response,
Finally, We successfully built up the VPN tunnel. The trick was open up UDP 500 and 4500 ports on the Firewall.
I will most probably turn back again to this Forum with some other things...
Thank you very much.
Previous Topic: Debian Jessie CT - Slow shutdown (systemd-cgroups)
Next Topic: CentOS 6.7/OpenVZ container missing "Committed_AS" line in /proc/meminfo
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:14:53 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01713 seconds