OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » VM Wont start - Mountall event Failed
VM Wont start - Mountall event Failed [message #51980] Sun, 12 April 2015 14:45 Go to next message
Th0rn0 is currently offline  Th0rn0
Hi all,

First things first, I know this is a problem with my fstab on my ubuntu server install but I'm struggling to get a fix for this without just starting again.

I've installed ISPConfig and everything was running fine. I went to restart the VM and it didnt come back up. I checked the console and I was getting the Mountall Event Failed message. I managed to echo back the fstab file from within the node using the vzctl exec commands and it seems ISPconfig has put entries into the fstab and its causing it to fall over.

Is there anyway to recover from this and manage to edit the fstab? Is there some sort of recovery mode I can boot it into to?

Any help would be much appreciated as I've spent hours looking through wikis and forums with no luck.

Tools: vzctl version 4.0-4.git.162dded

Kernal: 2.6.32-37-pve #1 SMP Wed Feb 11 10:00:27 CET 2015 x86_64 GNU/Linux
Re: VM Wont start - Mountall event Failed [message #51985 is a reply to message #51980] Tue, 14 April 2015 17:57 Go to previous message
Paparaciz
I think you should check with ISPconfig why they broke down fstab file.

not knowing more details- just go to private CT folder and edit fstab file.
Previous Topic: IPTABLE Blocking port 80 with openvz kernel
Next Topic: arpsend: x.x.x.x is detected on another computer : b0:83:fe:de:a8:0c
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 26 23:26:32 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00435 seconds