OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Kernel Panic in OpenVZ Booting Stage - CentOS boots fine (Need Expertise hand to move on with OpenVZ Technolgy)
icon14.gif  Kernel Panic in OpenVZ Booting Stage - CentOS boots fine [message #51880] Sun, 08 February 2015 16:40 Go to next message
bavinci is currently offline  bavinci
Hello Team,

I am new into Virtualization technology .... seeking hands for expertise to move on ...

Recently got my dedicated server set up in Montreal DataCenter ... got installed CentOS from datacenter guys ...

Further then, I installed OpenVZ kernels followed by site...

Main node, DNS1-2, set up finished, ssh config finished... all worked fine ...

Suddenly I tried to install ssl on the main node (Host), I don't know what I did during that process!

Henceworth,

After rebooting, I lost access to OpenVZ ... after diagnose came to know that it was Kernel Panic issue that was not letting OpenVZ to run any of the containers inside...

I went through long time set up for all Virtualization and had to start from scratch again!

I am little scared to use OVZ platform as stable platform or not!

what if problem occurs again, what will I do ... seek support on forum while all of servers are down...

or just move on with Xen, VM, abc to have as stable platform!

Any expert who have used OpenVZ more than 2 years are can raise hand to say 'YES' it is stable platform and a hoster can rely on it!!!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

k.Bhagat
Re: Kernel Panic in OpenVZ Booting Stage - CentOS boots fine [message #51882 is a reply to message #51880] Thu, 12 February 2015 18:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paparaciz
I am raising hand and say YES

what was the reason of kernel panic??
Re: Kernel Panic in OpenVZ Booting Stage - CentOS boots fine [message #51883 is a reply to message #51882] Thu, 12 February 2015 19:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bavinci is currently offline  bavinci
Hello!

Thanks for raising your hand~

I could see atleast one vote saying "Yes" it is a stable platform!

Upon installing SSL on main node, OVZ Kernels could not boot, message kernel panic!

I did not have much time to play around with Hyperviser, neither support so I decided not to use Virtualization till I get support from experts ...

Any idea I can have support from any team!

Looking forward~

k.Bhagat
Re: Kernel Panic in OpenVZ Booting Stage - CentOS boots fine [message #51884 is a reply to message #51880] Thu, 12 February 2015 19:28 Go to previous message
Paparaciz
please explain what do you mean
Quote:
Upon installing SSL on main node, OVZ Kernels could not boot, message kernel panic!

you were installing openssl?
after installing openssl you rebooted node?
was new openvz kernel installed? did it booted with previous kernel version?

what OS, kernel and openvz tools you are using?

you can always buy support from parallels. http://sp.parallels.com/support/virtualization-suite/openvz/
Previous Topic: Default status of 'root' in container?
Next Topic: can't migrate openvz container live
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 11:17:45 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01547 seconds