OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Is OpenVZ as easy to use as cPanel?
Is OpenVZ as easy to use as cPanel? [message #51866] Sun, 01 February 2015 21:13 Go to next message
ronniemandrake is currently offline  ronniemandrake
Please forgive the basic queries but I've not used OpenVZ before.

I have a couple of questions from the perspective of a user of a VPS rather than as a creator of the containers. I may be wrong but my impression is that the documentation is for managers of the OpenVZ rather than individual users who have purchased hosting.

I am used to logging in to my cPanel on a Linux VPS then (for example) uploading files via the file manager, checking the access logs, creating SQL databases, and so on.

It's not entirely clear to me how simple it is to do these type of tasks under the OpenVZ environment.

Is it normal to have a control panel installed? Do these control panels work in much the same way as cPanel?

Thanks.
Re: Is OpenVZ as easy to use as cPanel? [message #51868 is a reply to message #51866] Mon, 02 February 2015 20:57 Go to previous message
Paparaciz
it depends from hosting company. usually they offer you, as an user, this CP (control panel) to make it easier for you control server.
However there is no need of CP if you have knowledge how to administer linux server keeping in mind some limitations you have. and tasks like creating database is the same as you would do on regular server. If you install some CP on phisical server I believe it will do the same.

Openvz project does not have documentation of any CP because this is not this project scope.

Parallels company (which is the owner of the openvz project) however have it's own CP if you use Parallels sollutions thus and support of them.

Other CP's, as example mentioned cPanel, is 3rd party software with it's own support and cannot be supported by openvz project itself. We can provide support saying that please contact CP vendor Wink
Previous Topic: Cant mount XFS block device inside of container
Next Topic: How to access internet in container
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 13:15:21 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01409 seconds