OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Resource management on main server (Prevent high load average from one vps to cause high load average on the main server)
icon3.gif  Resource management on main server [message #51539] Fri, 11 July 2014 23:01
amos91 is currently offline  amos91
Hello Smile ,

I have a server which is running on openvz kernel version -2.6.32-042stab092.2

specifications :
processor model name : E5-2620 0 @ 2.00GHz
Number of Processors : 24
RAM : 48G
number of VPSs hosted on each : 23

each vps is assigned 1000 unit of cpu and a cpu limit of 400 each vps is assigned 1G of memory

after some researching i have found that running on el6 kernel that means that each vps can take up to 1000/400 each cpu running intensive processes .. which means a total of 25% if the vps is running on maximum processing , am i right ?

now i face a problem with high load , some of the vbs are running forums with plugins enabled and intensive mysql access .

problem is whenever a VPS is causing a high load the whole node is also affected by it and the load average raise , which causes other VPSs problems .. slow them down

why is this happening ? apart from resource management inside the vps it self , how do i prevent one vps causing load to not slow down the whole node and raising it's load average ?

Thank you for your time Smile
Previous Topic: Debian 7 cant get ipv6 protocol up
Next Topic: How to convert back to simfs from ploop.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 07:18:49 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01267 seconds