OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Is it possible to add a new ploop disk to an existing container residing on an OpenVZ host?
Is it possible to add a new ploop disk to an existing container residing on an OpenVZ host? [message #51506] Wed, 02 July 2014 08:59 Go to next message
camelel is currently offline  camelel
I have a container running on an OpenVZ server and I would like to attach another ploop disk to this container. The "/" mount point of the container is already configured as ploop drive and I would like to add another ploop disk of 100GB to the running container, Is it possible? if so, how is it done?
Re: Is it possible to add a new ploop disk to an existing container residing on an OpenVZ host? [message #51516 is a reply to message #51506] Sat, 05 July 2014 20:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
devonblzx is currently offline  devonblzx
I would imagine it would be something like:

Create a ploop device with ploop init and either give the container access to the device through vzctl or mount the ploop device on the HN and use a bind mount to the container's root directory. The latter would require use of the mount/umount VZ scripts to make it automatic.

http://static.openvz.org/userbars/openvz-user-2.png
ByteOnSite President
Re: Is it possible to add a new ploop disk to an existing container residing on an OpenVZ host? [message #51517 is a reply to message #51516] Sun, 06 July 2014 07:21 Go to previous message
camelel is currently offline  camelel
Thanks, it's working Smile

[Updated on: Sun, 06 July 2014 07:21]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Installation of Linux kernel headers fails in Debian
Next Topic: [solved] vzdump path problem to perl module
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 06:02:34 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01802 seconds