OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » How to convert back to simfs from ploop.
How to convert back to simfs from ploop. [message #51108] Fri, 07 February 2014 19:55 Go to next message
piplite is currently offline  piplite
How to convert back to simfs from ploop?
Could somebody please point me to the documentation. Looks like my googlin skill lack today.
Thank you.
Re: How to convert back to simfs from ploop. [message #51337 is a reply to message #51108] Fri, 18 April 2014 16:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lx_danny is currently offline  lx_danny
I did not found an answer on this question on google and also want to know how this is possible.

For now i did the following trick:

While running the VM with ploop, copied root/vpsid elsewhere.
Make sure you stop all services on the VM. Then destroyed the VM and created a new one with simfs, copied back the data and VM started. All works fine.

Our VirtualManager control panel does not work with ploop VPS's. And did not know that suddenly openvz defaults to the ploop layout. I had to modify the vz.conf.

And i do not like ploop at all Smile

Regards,
Danny.

Re: How to convert back to simfs from ploop. [message #51338 is a reply to message #51108] Sat, 19 April 2014 23:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ales is currently offline  Ales
I don't recommend doing such things wile the VM is running. A safer way of reaching the VM contents is described here (advice for editing is applicable to content migration in this case):

http://forum.openvz.org/index.php?t=msg&th=12585&got o=51261&#msg_51261
Re: How to convert back to simfs from ploop. [message #51542 is a reply to message #51108] Sun, 13 July 2014 14:47 Go to previous message
dlage is currently offline  dlage
Hello,

Not sure if you got your issue solved but when doing a migration from openvz to proxmox I feel into the need for converting ploop disks to simfs since proxmox does not support ploop yet (not considered as stable).

For that, I adapted a script with the opposite goal (convert simfs to ploop) and this worker well for me in many containers. Here's the gist (sorry, still can't post links):

gist.github.com/dlage/8dd97c285e2dd41f58c2

There were two containers in which this failed with "Disk quota exceeded" but turned out the issue was that both had maxed out the inodes and it hadn't been saved to config (probably I just set the values with vzctl and forgot the --save flag) - fixed that and it worked.
Previous Topic: Resource management on main server
Next Topic: Debian 7.6
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 23:15:01 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01444 seconds