OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » [Systemd] Unable to start init, probably incorrect template
[Systemd] Unable to start init, probably incorrect template [message #50683] Fri, 11 October 2013 00:32 Go to next message
Roukoswarf is currently offline  Roukoswarf
Hello, first post here on the forums and new to openvz so, forewarning.

I am in need of an up to date and clean Arch Linux openvz template, so i created one in a chroot, followed the steps in the wiki for creating a template, and all seemed well.

I moved the template into openvz, created an install from the template, and upon start i receive:

root@rouk / # vzctl --verbose start 101                        
Starting container...
Container is mounted
Running container script: /etc/vz/dists/scripts/arch-add_ip.sh
Setting CPU units: 1000
Running container script: /etc/vz/dists/scripts/set_dns.sh
Unable to start init, probably incorrect template
Container start failed
Killing container ...
Container was stopped
Container is unmounted

/sbin, /bin /usr/sbin, ect are all symlinked to /usr/bin, and /sbin/init is symlinked to ../lib/systemd/systemd, everything looks like it should be able to start. No log messages in the systemd logs.

I hear systemd support was something that was a slight pain on openvz, but if anyone knows required modifications or further debug steps would be much appreciated!
Re: [Systemd] Unable to start init, probably incorrect template [message #50690 is a reply to message #50683] Fri, 11 October 2013 18:47 Go to previous message
dowdle is currently offline  dowdle
Can you provide a URL for the template so I can download it and try a few things?

The first thing I'm going to do is edit the arch.conf so that it includes a reference to POST_CREATE=postcreate.sh as the fedora.conf does. Then I'm going to edit postcreate.sh so it does the same systemd related stuff that is needed for Fedora.

If I'm lucky maybe that will work. Otherwise I'm guessing vzctl would need to be updated so that it is aware that Arch now uses systemd as its init system. In the in the case of the config changes mentioned about, that systemd has to be told that it is running in a container and it'll start up whereas right now I don't think it knows that.

This is all new to me and I'm really poking in the dark but I'm sure if we are patient enough, we'll get it figured out.

--
TYL, Scott Dowdle
Belgrade, Montana, USA
Previous Topic: vzcheck.sh script what does it mean?
Next Topic: When Host is 32bits and Guest 64 Bits
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 01 14:23:38 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01783 seconds