OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » template not found, but i can create container
template not found, but i can create container [message #50606] Sat, 21 September 2013 00:25 Go to next message
kikifachry is currently offline  kikifachry

dear all,

but first, sorry i can't speak english very well

i have trouble here. i can create a container ( using debian 5.0 x86 template ) from my server ( centos 6.3 ). but when i want to create a container via OpenVZ Web Panel, template wasn't detected. i have put some templates in /vz/template/cache/

when i check in Centos with "vzlist -a" there's no template shown. but i can create a container with "vzctl create 101 --ostemplate debian-5.0-x86 --config basic"

any ideas?

thanks
Re: template not found, but i can create container [message #50616 is a reply to message #50606] Sun, 22 September 2013 01:06 Go to previous message
Ales is currently offline  Ales
Well, 'vzlist -a' is not used to list the available templates. It's used to list all existing containers. Use 'man vzlist' to get more information.

As for the OpenVZ Web Panel issues - that's a third party project, it's not developed or endorsed (AFAIK) by OpenVZ itself. They just partially use the name (and confuse a lot of people, IMHO). You should report any problems to them, not here.

BTW, from the data you've provided, it seems that your openvz installation works just fine.

[Updated on: Sun, 22 September 2013 01:15]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: vzdump -exclude-path
Next Topic: External IP access to containers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 01 13:27:36 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01758 seconds