OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Putty: Connection timed out - openvz ubuntu template (i cant connect via SSH to the VPS)
Putty: Connection timed out - openvz ubuntu template [message #50358] Mon, 19 August 2013 07:18 Go to next message
postcd is currently offline  postcd
Hello, i applied openvz templates:

ubuntu-12.04-x86_64.tar.gz
ubuntu-12.04-x86.tar.gz
ubuntu-13.04-x86_64.tar.gz

(downloaded from: download.openvz.org/template/precreated/)

to a VPS under OpenVZ, but i cant connect this new VPS via Putty (SSH)!

It tells me: Network error: Connection timed out

via HyperVM when i go to command line, i start ssh via service ssh start.

But it still dont works. Please why?

(Ubuntu 6.x template works and connects ok)

-----
UPDATE1: after i started networking service on that VPS (service networking restart) i was able to SSH into VPS. After reboot, it fails to connect again, it appears ssh, networking is not started on reboot. Please what to do? I thought templates should be ready for SSH/network connections? Confused

[Updated on: Mon, 19 August 2013 07:39]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Putty: Connection timed out - openvz ubuntu template [message #50359 is a reply to message #50358] Mon, 19 August 2013 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Should i do:
sudo update-rc.d ssh defaults
sudo update-rc.d networking defaults
to make thesese services run on Ubuntu reboot? Or my commands are wrong. What else i need to check/change on this OpenVZ template please to make it fully work, ready webserver?

[Updated on: Mon, 19 August 2013 08:37]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Putty: Connection timed out - openvz ubuntu template [message #50365 is a reply to message #50358] Mon, 19 August 2013 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ales is currently offline  Ales
This doesn't really have much to do with openvz, it's more about basic OS administration. Your questions about how to start or configure various services will be better answered on an Ubuntu forum.
Re: Putty: Connection timed out - openvz ubuntu template [message #50393 is a reply to message #50365] Wed, 21 August 2013 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ales: It has to do with OpenVZ, because its OpenVZ template downloadable from OpenVZ contrib directory. If anyone finds the way to make it working, please please share it.
Re: Putty: Connection timed out - openvz ubuntu template [message #50561 is a reply to message #50358] Tue, 10 September 2013 22:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
footylad is currently offline  footylad
Did you ever solve this problem? I have the exact same issue. When I reboot the ifconfig returns with no devices. I have this issue on the same Ubuntu precreated templates and Debian...
Re: Putty: Connection timed out - openvz ubuntu template [message #50572 is a reply to message #50561] Thu, 12 September 2013 18:58 Go to previous message
Paparaciz
footylad wrote on Wed, 11 September 2013 01:13
Did you ever solve this problem? I have the exact same issue. When I reboot the ifconfig returns with no devices. I have this issue on the same Ubuntu precreated templates and Debian...

turning some services to start in start time is not a openvz issue.
footylad: what devices you expect in ifconfig?

for both:
what os is in HN?
what kernel, vztools versions?
Previous Topic: virtualizing zeroshell on a debian
Next Topic: cPanel quotas
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 06 03:10:27 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01855 seconds