OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » OpenVZ security against hosting
OpenVZ security against hosting [message #50117] Sat, 27 July 2013 18:40 Go to next message
crossing is currently offline  crossing
Hello,

I have to move VPS on a hosting company that uses only OpenVZ. My problem is that I have several websites that makes money based on online services, as we all want I need my scripts/sites/ to be protected also against hosting company itself.

There is any way to encrypt my files/VPS against hosting company to access it ? Or some way to check when and what ip access my folders, if any copy has been made,etc ?

Thank you
Re: OpenVZ security against hosting [message #50148 is a reply to message #50117] Mon, 29 July 2013 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not much activity on this forum huh...
Re: OpenVZ security against hosting [message #50150 is a reply to message #50117] Mon, 29 July 2013 17:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paparaciz
thereis plenty activity in this forum Wink

there is no way you can protect your files from CT provider.
if you don't trust your provider- don't use it.

I would ask if encryption (safe) is possible with virtualization technologies (kvm,xen,vmware). given various scenarious how to gain control of virtual server while it is running and while your encypted image is mounted Wink

probably most safe sollution for you would be use bare metal HW with encrypted partitions.

if you afraid of local providers, than maybe use international provider?
Re: OpenVZ security against hosting [message #50178 is a reply to message #50150] Thu, 01 August 2013 20:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paparaciz wrote on Mon, 29 July 2013 13:57
thereis plenty activity in this forum Wink

there is no way you can protect your files from CT provider.
if you don't trust your provider- don't use it.

I would ask if encryption (safe) is possible with virtualization technologies (kvm,xen,vmware). given various scenarious how to gain control of virtual server while it is running and while your encypted image is mounted Wink

probably most safe sollution for you would be use bare metal HW with encrypted partitions.

if you afraid of local providers, than maybe use international provider?

I thought about using international providers too, I'am in Romania and Amsterdam servers gives me 5 seconds delay loading the sites with exact the same configurations.. So I'am stuck with local.

I have found something that seems to be a good solution using kvm www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/9910/kvm-xen-privacy .

What do you think of ?

[Updated on: Thu, 01 August 2013 20:19]

Report message to a moderator

Re: OpenVZ security against hosting [message #50179 is a reply to message #50117] Thu, 01 August 2013 20:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paparaciz
hi,
in your link I don't see anything about kvm as more secure virtualization technology.

so I think my first reply is still valid and nothing more can be said.
Re: OpenVZ security against hosting [message #50180 is a reply to message #50179] Thu, 01 August 2013 21:15 Go to previous message
Paparaciz wrote on Thu, 01 August 2013 16:34
hi,
in your link I don't see anything about kvm as more secure virtualization technology.

so I think my first reply is still valid and nothing more can be said.

I'am a newbie , so what are you saying is that hosting company can gain control of virtual server while it is running and while encypted image is mounted ?
Previous Topic: can't find venet kernel module
Next Topic: OpenVZ Debian packages - reliability
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 06 01:00:10 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01823 seconds