OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Problem with installing openvz on debian
Problem with installing openvz on debian [message #6355] Thu, 14 September 2006 17:09 Go to next message
Revelator is currently offline  Revelator
Well, i have no idea whys the server dont start, tryed each godamn howto i could find, still nothing,

tested precompiled AND source

have someone else had the problem that they could get it to work ?
Re: Problem with installing openvz on debian [message #6356 is a reply to message #6355] Thu, 14 September 2006 17:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aistis is currently offline  aistis

please provide more info.. like: what doesn't start, kernel version, ovz utilities versions, error messages - anything helpful

Aistis Zenkevicius
http://static.openvz.org/userbars/openvz-user.png
Re: Problem with installing openvz on debian [message #6357 is a reply to message #6356] Thu, 14 September 2006 19:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Revelator is currently offline  Revelator
problem is that it is on a remote computer so i cant check the errors neither, the kernel version is 2.6.8 ( dl'ed from kernel.org )

Re: Problem with installing openvz on debian [message #6374 is a reply to message #6357] Fri, 15 September 2006 03:17 Go to previous message
John Kelly is currently offline  John Kelly
Sounds like you don't have an OpenVZ kernel on the remote computer. That will never work.

You need to get OpenVZ working on a local machine, where you can see what you're doing, before attempting to walk the high wire without a net. Shocked

Previous Topic: *SOLVED* Unable to access VE from outside
Next Topic: *SOLVED* Enable SSH by default after reboot?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Aug 13 16:22:52 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02941 seconds