OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Unable to start cxs Watch daemon: /proc/sys/fs/inotify/max_user_watches is set too low
Unable to start cxs Watch daemon: /proc/sys/fs/inotify/max_user_watches is set too low [message #48654] Fri, 26 October 2012 17:12 Go to next message
Coryvmcs1 is currently offline  Coryvmcs1
Hello All im fairly new to this forum and am not an extremely versed user in openvz. I have a Vps running on ovz and trying to make cxs scanner work on it however I keep getting inotify failure and even when i try to change it i keep getting permission denied.

Oct 26 11:49:28 vps1 cxswatch[10780]: Unable to start cxs Watch daemon: /proc/sys/fs/inotify/max_user_watches is set too low [currently:8192].

When inside the container trying to adjust this I get permission denied on key failure.

Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Unable to start cxs Watch daemon: /proc/sys/fs/inotify/max_user_watches is set too low [message #49201 is a reply to message #48654] Mon, 08 April 2013 14:50 Go to previous message
Mello21century is currently offline  Mello21century

Try this line from your main node

vzctl exec <ctid> echo fs.inotify.max_user_watches=524288 | sudo tee -a /etc/sysctl.conf && sudo sysctl -p

Replacing <ctid> with your container id
Previous Topic: Network problem inside vps
Next Topic: CPU Cores with Hyper-threading enabled
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jul 18 18:24:09 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02580 seconds