OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Discussions » Store .conf files in vps
Store .conf files in vps [message #6208] Tue, 12 September 2006 01:58 Go to next message
augustz is currently offline  augustz
Now to back vps 121 up for example I need to tar up /vz/private/121 and then grab the 121.conf from a completely different directory as well.

Was curious if it would be possible to store .conf files in the /vz/private/vpsid area?

This would make it possible to backup a vps by simply taring up its directory, which would be a really nice. It would make a vps nicely self contained.

I can of course work around this, but it seems like it would be such a nice default to have everything about a vps in the vps, so that one could basically move it around as one wanted.

Re: Store .conf files in vps [message #6209 is a reply to message #6208] Tue, 12 September 2006 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kir is currently offline  kir

The only problem is VE owner can change anything inside her VE -- but we do not want her to change VE config. Thus it is outside a VE.

Kir Kolyshkin
http://static.openvz.org/userbars/openvz-developer.png
Re: Store .conf files in vps [message #6210 is a reply to message #6209] Tue, 12 September 2006 04:01 Go to previous message
augustz is currently offline  augustz
Good point Smile!

I've symlinked it above the parent directory for now which seems to work well for an easy all in one backup for all vps's.

Thanks!
Previous Topic: Debian Installer CD with OpenVZ
Next Topic: PlusVZ - my newest project
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Aug 14 13:46:40 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02800 seconds