OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » VZMC ???
icon5.gif  VZMC ??? [message #436] Mon, 05 December 2005 07:12 Go to next message
basic
Hello:

A newbie question:
The paid version (Virtuozzo) has a control panel to create and manage VPS accounts, "VZMC". This VZ Management Console is installed under Windows.

QUESTION: I do have a licensed copy of VZMC -- is it possible to use this with OpenVZ, or won't this work? Or is there another convenient way to set up and manage VPS accounts?

QUESTION 2: It is my understanding that, as compared with Virtuozzo, OpenVZ does not have a VZPP control panel for the VPS customer. If so, is it still possible to create BACKUPS of VPS accounts (on a 2nd HDD)?

Thank you!

Frank

Re: VZMC ??? [message #440 is a reply to message #436] Mon, 05 December 2005 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kir is currently offline  kir

OpenVZ comes with no GUI or Web-based management tools. If you need those, you'd better stick to Virtuozzo or write our own tools (preferably under an open source license so others will join the effort).

As for the backup, you can just stop a VPS for a minute and copy its private area (/vz/private/NNN) and configuration file (/etc/sysconfig/vz-scripts/NNN.conf) - so you'll have a backup. More intelligent approach involves utility such as rsync - you rsync VPS private area while VPS is still running, then stop the VPS and do yet another rsync run -- that way you may be able to decrease VPS downtime.

Kir Kolyshkin
http://static.openvz.org/userbars/openvz-developer.png
Re: VZMC ??? [message #443 is a reply to message #440] Mon, 05 December 2005 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
basic
Thanks kir:

You wrote:
------
"OpenVZ comes with no GUI or Web-based management tools. If you need those, you'd better stick to Virtuozzo or write our own tools (preferably under an open source license so others will join the effort).
------

But my question was different:
We do own a license for "VZMC" already -- so the question I have is if this can be used for OpenVZ as well?
I take it that Vituozzo and OpenVZ are basically the same product, just that OpenVZ comes without tools like "VZMC" .... so I wonder if we can use our "VZMC" for OpenVZ as well?

Frank

[Updated on: Mon, 05 December 2005 14:02]

Report message to a moderator

Re: VZMC ??? [message #467 is a reply to message #443] Tue, 06 December 2005 19:43 Go to previous message
dim is currently offline  dim
Current VZMC version doesn't support OpenVZ because of the different template management. Support of OpenVZ is in the VZMC planned features and it will be available in a half of the year.

http://static.openvz.org/openvz_userbar_en.gif
Previous Topic: CentOS 4.2 as host ?
Next Topic: Is "kir" (= SWSoft) not replying intentionally?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Oct 06 17:21:17 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04666 seconds