OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » network problem
network problem [message #53087] Sun, 07 January 2018 01:27 Go to next message
twige is currently offline  twige
Hello, i have big problem with network.

I got dedicted server with two ip address.

I made openVZ with debian 9.0 template.

I have big problem, my openvZ cant join into internet. ping dont responde.

What should i do? I tried to disable venet and instead of it enable veth but my openVZ dont want to get up because it dont see any interface.

I tried to do everything what is here : https://openvz.org/Virtual_Ethernet_device but on step : Configure device in CT i have problem.
My openVZ dont see interface eth0 although i did it zctl set 101 --netif_add eth0, MAC:ADDRESS --save

Can icount for any help? Smile Thank you!
Re: network problem [message #53089 is a reply to message #53087] Sun, 07 January 2018 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vaverin is currently offline  vaverin
Dear twige,
I'm sorry,
however unfortunately OpenVz have no free resources for support or investigations.

You can ask community via Users mailing list, however there are no guarantee that you'll geed any response.

Thank you,
Vasily Averin
Re: network problem [message #53091 is a reply to message #53089] Sun, 07 January 2018 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
twige is currently offline  twige
so i cant ask here?
Re: network problem [message #53109 is a reply to message #53087] Tue, 09 January 2018 10:32 Go to previous message
Ales is currently offline  Ales
Sure, you can ask here, but the forum is not that frequently visited. Anyway, for starters, take a look at the sticky "How to report networking-related problems" and also at the note in red at the top page of the forum. Basically, we need more information.

Also, before trying anything else, I'd try creating a VM with the same OS as your HW node is, to test with. For example, if you use the OpenVZ 6 CentOS node, create a Centos 6 VM. OTOH, if you use an OpenVZ 7 node, create a CentOS 7 VM to test with and go from there.
Previous Topic: Mega Problem OpenVZ install on dedicated Server.
Next Topic: HN has 10 times faster network from any fresh CT
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 12 05:37:21 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01655 seconds