OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Discussions » Ploop over NFS - how to make HA (trying to find a Ploop shared mount solution for HA)
icon4.gif  Ploop over NFS - how to make HA [message #51654] Mon, 15 September 2014 11:46
MrRoger
Hi Guys,

long time user, first time poster. Been using OpenVZ since 2006 and is the fastest lightweight solution I've ever seen. Good work guys.

I've been stumped for the last 4 months trying to find a solution for Ploop over NFS for HA. Need to avoid the dreaded stale file handle when NFS server goes away.

Was looking into using a glusterfs for the storage ontop of ZFS, but something tells me this issue will still persist. Does any one know if glusterfs 3.5.2 would allow NFS to be used in a HA setup (either on a glusterfs server or client ) ? not sure if there is a better solution for using ploop in a HA environment, but open to suggestions.

We have a 10g backbone using Chelsio T4 TCP offload cards. Those NICs just fly, so we have a iscsi abilities and RDMA. Had issues with NFS3 over RDMA, worked for a while but encountered some issues, so I just falled back to NFS. We are preferring a file based SAN rather than a block based solution.

Any ideas? I'm prepared to get creative. Wanted to avoid using KVM over gluster, but my last choice which I want to avoid was;

zfs -> gluterfs -> kvm -> openvz

Cheers,
R
Previous Topic: Future of OpenVZ and ploop?
Next Topic: Openvz+DRBD+corosync
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 07:50:16 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01782 seconds