OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » /vz/root and /vz/private,double space?
/vz/root and /vz/private,double space? [message #51173] Fri, 28 February 2014 20:21 Go to next message
postcd is currently offline  postcd
Hello,

do i understand properly, that /vz/private/VMID is the folder that cant be editted while VM is running and /vz/root/VMID is only temporary folder (full mirror) with same size while VM is running?

After VM stop, /vz/root is deleted from disk (its alot of writing?)

So to host 1TB of customer data, we need to have 2TB + HDDs?

Thank you

--
PS: if i want to move VPSs data to another partition (example /home/vps) i need to symlink /vz/root , not /vz/private , right?

[Updated on: Fri, 28 February 2014 20:23]

Report message to a moderator

Re: /vz/root and /vz/private,double space? [message #51174 is a reply to message #51173] Sat, 01 March 2014 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paparaciz
when you start ct openvz mounts bind /vz/private/CTID to /vz/root/CTID

if you want backup, move you have to do so with /vz/private/CTID

p.s. I repeat- read wiki, documentation, forum to find answers to such simple questions. don't spam forum.
Re: /vz/root and /vz/private,double space? [message #51175 is a reply to message #51174] Sat, 01 March 2014 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi, i searched before asking. Is there please anyone else who can answer my questions in other words?
Re: /vz/root and /vz/private,double space? [message #51180 is a reply to message #51173] Sun, 02 March 2014 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ales is currently offline  Ales
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=vz%2Froot+vs+vz%2Fprivate

First link or one of the first few should answer all that for you.

Same if you don't know what a bind mount is and need specifics:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=bind+mount

Please take this as a constructive criticism. You're wasting your own time by posting questions and waiting hours or days for answers that members don't want to needlesly repeat, while you could have found an answer yourself in a matter of seconds.
Re: /vz/root and /vz/private,double space? [message #51183 is a reply to message #51173] Sun, 02 March 2014 15:52 Go to previous message
I would appreciate if anyone can address my exact questions there. Thank you
Previous Topic: Failed to undump container - Quota is not running
Next Topic: Which fles contains IPs?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 23:29:56 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01990 seconds