OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Discussions » Good use case for OpenVZ ?
Good use case for OpenVZ ? [message #4746] Tue, 25 July 2006 07:48 Go to next message
Tlvenn is currently offline  Tlvenn
Hi, we are a web company which operates a J2EE website with 4 dual opteron servers, 2 dedicated for the wep app ( java only) and 2 dedidcated to the DB (Postgresql 8.1).

It's notorious that webapp tends to use CPU with little IO and the database, quite the contrary, uses IO and little CPU.

If the above is right, it would be more valuable to run both webapp and db application on the same hardware to correctly use its ressources (both CPU and IO) and openVZ/Virtuozzo seems a pretty good candidate.

Am i right on this stuff ? What do you think ?

Thanks in advance for your time.
Chris
Re: Good use case for OpenVZ ? [message #4848 is a reply to message #4746] Fri, 28 July 2006 23:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tlvenn is currently offline  Tlvenn
Nobody has an opinion on this stuff ?
Come on Wink
Re: Good use case for OpenVZ ? [message #4889 is a reply to message #4746] Tue, 01 August 2006 19:54 Go to previous message
aistis is currently offline  aistis

Chris, this sounds very much doable! I really cannot find any cons for such scenario, especially if you did some measurements and you are sure that you'll have enough CPU and I/O power.

Best of course to try such scenario in a lab and run some tests. We'll be glad to help in case some issues arise.

Aistis Zenkevicius
http://static.openvz.org/userbars/openvz-user.png
Previous Topic: Announcing VPSLink.com
Next Topic: Comparison
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:09:36 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03020 seconds