OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Multiple Container IPs on Separate Networks and Network Access (Trying to find a solution to allow a container with multiple IP address on the venet adaptor to access the full subnet of both networks.)
Multiple Container IPs on Separate Networks and Network Access [message #46743] Fri, 08 June 2012 07:42
Tetrafluoroethane is currently offline  Tetrafluoroethane
Hello,

I have a container with multiple IP addresses assigned. They are each in separate networks and both networks are a /24. Accessing the container on either address works fine from the outside world, but attempting to access the subnet of the second IP address (in the order listed in the .conf) fails. This is due to the subnet of the address being set to 255.255.255.255. The default route for the system simply uses the venet0 adaptor as a gateway so I would assume the host would take care of routing this out to the proper network, but this is not the case. If I force the netmask in the container to 255.255.255.0 this works fine.

I am not willing to use veth adaptors as the containers are not controlled by me. The host is controlled by me. So my questions are:

1) Is setting the netmask the only solution?
2) If not 1, is setting the netmask the best solution?
3) If not 2, what is the best solution to this.

Thank you for any input or ideas. Cheers.

- Aaron
Previous Topic: Open a range of port in the container
Next Topic: CPUUNITS / CPULIMIT
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 06:39:24 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02210 seconds