OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Possible swap problem? (Started locking up on swap once I got SSD drives)
Possible swap problem? [message #46407] Thu, 17 May 2012 21:52 Go to next message
mperkel is currently offline  mperkel
Not sure if this is a coincidence or related but I'm noticing several servers wanting to freeze shortly after memory fills and it goes to swap. It's been happening for a few months not randomly.

I started noticing it just after I converted most servers to SSD. I have a swap partition on the drives. In theory this shouldn't make a difference. So might be a coincidence. But - what would cause servers to lock up early when starting to use swap? I show a lot of swap space and the load levels aren't that high. And it doesn't freeze instantly - but not long after swap starts.

A lot of my servers are running 32 gigs of ram so it rarely hits the swap. Just wondering if I'm missing something.

Re: Possible swap problem? [message #46450 is a reply to message #46407] Tue, 22 May 2012 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kir is currently offline  kir

Which kernel? Are you using vswap configs or not?

Kir Kolyshkin
http://static.openvz.org/userbars/openvz-developer.png
Re: Possible swap problem? [message #46464 is a reply to message #46450] Tue, 22 May 2012 14:01 Go to previous message
mperkel is currently offline  mperkel
I was using the kernel before the latest one. I haven't had a problem on the latest but I also have likely avoided anything filling up memory enough to hit the swap.

Not using vswap.

Previous Topic: Crossover Cable Connected, now what?
Next Topic: physpages vs oomguarpages
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 10 07:26:48 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01457 seconds