OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » [Network] Both venet and veth in same CT (Any drawbacks?)
[Network] Both venet and veth in same CT [message #45166] Fri, 03 February 2012 07:29 Go to next message
NStorm is currently offline  NStorm
I'm using Proxmox 1.9 distro for my needs. By default it's web interface doesn't allows to mix network types for one CT. But I wanted to setup a mixed network within one CT.
My HN has 2 physical interfaces. So I've created a CT with veth interface bridged with eth0 via vmbr0 bridge. Then I've edited /etc/vz/conf/101.conf so it looks like:
IP_ADDRESS="192.168.A.B"
NETIF="ifname=eth0,bridge=vmbr0,mac=XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX,host_ifname=veth101.0,host_mac=YY:YY:YY:YY:YY:YY"

That way I have both venet and eth0 (veth device) inside CT. It seems to be working as intended. But because I didn't found any info on a setups like this I want to ask if there is any drawbacks or possible problems with such setup.
Re: [Network] Both venet and veth in same CT [message #45167 is a reply to message #45166] Fri, 03 February 2012 11:50 Go to previous message
NStorm is currently offline  NStorm
Ok, I've found an openvz dev reply on a russian part of the forum what such setup are possible and allowed.
Previous Topic: Which VPS using most io
Next Topic: high diskI/O load by sync?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 13:40:21 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01842 seconds