OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » OpenVZ & Android?
OpenVZ & Android? [message #44075] Mon, 14 November 2011 05:26 Go to next message
zgu666 is currently offline  zgu666
Is it possible to run Android as an OpenVZ container? Do I need to develop a new template for Android?

Any pointers are much appreciated!
Re: OpenVZ & Android? [message #45034 is a reply to message #44075] Mon, 23 January 2012 03:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AndroidNewB is currently offline  AndroidNewB
Hello,
Where you able to install OpenVZ in android and implement containers? I am also trying to do soemthign similar. I was wondering if you could give me some pointers.
Thank you.
Re: OpenVZ & Android? [message #45083 is a reply to message #44075] Fri, 27 January 2012 05:31 Go to previous message
NStorm is currently offline  NStorm
I doubt this is possible. Android is very complicated, it's not just a linux distro. It runs a modified linux kernel and it's own virtual machine dalvik on top of which all apps are running.
Even if it is possible it would require so much efforts and it is completely pointless. Android SDK already includes a qemu-based emulator. Just use it to test & develop android software. Besides it emulates native (for real android devices) ARM architecture.
If you still really looking to run android on x86, try searching for "android x86" in google, there is a project for it (I can't post a link yet).
Previous Topic: bond0 if in a container
Next Topic: Multiple distributions using OpenVZ
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 19 03:54:55 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00473 seconds