OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » flexlm license daemons crash after a vzmigrate
flexlm license daemons crash after a vzmigrate [message #43472] Wed, 14 September 2011 17:53
Jimbo is currently offline  Jimbo
I have a cluster of RHEL5 openvz hosts running kernels 2.6.18-274.el5.028stab093.2 and 2.6.18-238.12.1.el5.028stab091.1 and vzctl versions 3.0.28.3 and 3.0.28.1. There are a couple of containers on these machines running various FlexLM license daemons. To preserve host IDs across different openvz hosts, these containers use veth devices for networking.

After I vzmigrate --online these containers to a different machine, the flexlm license daemons appear to be fine. But within 10 minutes of the vzmigrate completing, the flexlm license daemons crash. Well, they usually crash, but sometimes they survive the migration.

I was hoping that this was a openvz limits issue, so I made a copy of /proc/user_beancounters before the migration to compare after the migration, after the flexlm license daemons have crashed. But it isn't: the failcnt column is nothing but zeros for these containers both before migration and after the flexlm daemons have crashed.

Anyone have tips on getting flexlm to survive online migration?
Previous Topic: noatime flag for /vz and noatime option for VE/CT
Next Topic: Support CIFS windows Share
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 18:50:31 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02439 seconds