OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Moving on to FreeVPS or Xen
Moving on to FreeVPS or Xen [message #4158] Fri, 30 June 2006 09:09 Go to next message
wyndryder is currently offline  wyndryder
Thanks for all the help here guys. As much as I like openvz, I am simply not able to get plesk to work in any of the VPS from Debian to Fedora. If anyone has gotten plesk to actually work, please share your experiences. I've heard that Xen runs well with any panel and FreeVPS is made with HSphere built in. Everywhere I've search have indicated that Plesk and OpenVZ are simply not compatible.

The tale end of the installation attempt are as follows.

Starting MySQL database server: mysqld.
Checking for crashed MySQL tables in the background.

Selecting previously deselected package psa.
(Reading database ... 19825 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking psa (from .../psa_8.0.1-debian3.1.build80060613.20_i386.deb) ...
Trying to define super-server internet daemon type... inetd
Trying to check if inetd daemon is running... ERROR: no running inetd found
dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/psa_8.0.1-debian3.1.build80060613.20 _i386.deb (--unpack):
subprocess pre-installation script returned error exit status 1
Errors were encountered while processing:
/var/cache/apt/archives/psa_8.0.1-debian3.1.build80060613.20 _i386.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
ERROR: Install command execution failed
ERROR: Installation failed
test110:~#

[Updated on: Fri, 30 June 2006 09:11]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Moving on to FreeVPS or Xen [message #4160 is a reply to message #4158] Fri, 30 June 2006 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
devnu11 is currently offline  devnu11

If you haven't seen this post give it a look.

http://forum.openvz.org/index.php?t=msg&goto=2173&&srch=plesk+install#msg_2173

I haven't had time to try another Plesk install but there is a brief description on how one user was successful in installing it in Red Hat or CentOS. I would not hesitate to search the SWSoft Plesk forum and or ask there. SWSoft support might even be able to help you if you request. Plesk is "their baby" and I'm sure they will help you get it installed. After all their business is to sell licenses Laughing

Good Luck

*Edit was typo in URL

Just Because You Have One, Doesn't Mean You Have To Be One!

[Updated on: Fri, 30 June 2006 11:01]

Re: Moving on to FreeVPS or Xen [message #4161 is a reply to message #4158] Fri, 30 June 2006 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dev is currently offline  dev

from what I see, it's not bug of OpenVZ, but rather debian template. you have no inetd running. Try install and run inetd daemon Smile

Also, I remember people were successfully running plesk here with one of RPM-based distro (don't remember exactly), but with some really easy hand tweaks, so I suppose we just need to create another wiki article on this Smile

http://static.openvz.org/userbars/openvz-developer.png
Re: Moving on to FreeVPS or Xen [message #4162 is a reply to message #4161] Fri, 30 June 2006 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Additional note: Plesk has some requirements for installation. Make sure thay are met.

Re: Moving on to FreeVPS or Xen [message #4163 is a reply to message #4162] Fri, 30 June 2006 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dev wrote on Fri, 30 June 2006 07:02

Additional note: Plesk has some requirements for installation. Make sure thay are met.

I have made sure they are met, such as shutting off SELinux etc..

I think the problem lies on the nature of the OpenVZ VPS itself
Re: Moving on to FreeVPS or Xen [message #4164 is a reply to message #4161] Fri, 30 June 2006 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dev wrote on Fri, 30 June 2006 07:01

from what I see, it's not bug of OpenVZ, but rather debian template. you have no inetd running. Try install and run inetd daemon Smile

Also, I remember people were successfully running plesk here with one of RPM-based distro (don't remember exactly), but with some really easy hand tweaks, so I suppose we just need to create another wiki article on this Smile

I get the same error on any of the distros as stated earlier. And, apparently, I am not the only one. I can't even get inetd daemon to install and I've never had problems like these on either debian, fedora, or centos as standalones.

test110:~# apt-get install inetd daemon
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Note, selecting inetutils-inetd instead of inetd
inetutils-inetd is already the newest version.
The following NEW packages will be installed:
daemon
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
2 not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 99.7kB of archives.
After unpacking 307kB of additional disk space will be used.
Get:1 http://ftp.freenet.de stable/main daemon 0.6.3-1 [99.7kB]
Fetched 99.7kB in 2s (42.0kB/s)
Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at /usr/share/perl5/Debconf/FrontEnd/ScreenSize.pm line 24, <> line 1.
Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at /usr/share/perl5/Debconf/FrontEnd/ScreenSize.pm line 38, <> line 1.
Can't fork at /usr/sbin/dpkg-preconfigure line 50, <> line 1.
Selecting previously deselected package daemon.
(Reading database ... 19429 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking daemon (from .../daemon_0.6.3-1_i386.deb) ...
Setting up webalizer (2.01.10-26) ...
Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at /usr/share/perl5/Debconf/FrontEnd/ScreenSize.pm line 24.
Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at /usr/share/perl5/Debconf/FrontEnd/ScreenSize.pm line 38.
open2: fork failed: Cannot allocate memory at /usr/share/perl5/Debconf/ConfModule.pm line 44
dpkg: error processing webalizer (--configure):
subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 255
Setting up fontconfig (2.3.1-2) ...
Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at /usr/share/perl5/Debconf/FrontEnd/ScreenSize.pm line 24.
Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at /usr/share/perl5/Debconf/FrontEnd/ScreenSize.pm line 38.
open2: fork failed: Cannot allocate memory at /usr/share/perl5/Debconf/ConfModule.pm line 44
dpkg: error processing fontconfig (--configure):
subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 255
Setting up daemon (0.6.3-1) ...

webalizer
fontconfig
test110:~#
Re: Moving on to FreeVPS or Xen [message #4165 is a reply to message #4164] Fri, 30 June 2006 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vasily Tarasov is currently offline  Vasily Tarasov
Please, can you provide `cat /proc/user_beancounters` output
right after such unsuccessful try?
Re: Moving on to FreeVPS or Xen [message #4167 is a reply to message #4164] Fri, 30 June 2006 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Obviously, you have problem due to this:
Can't fork at /usr/sbin/dpkg-preconfigure line 50, <> line 1.

which means that you hit numproc limit.
Use the following command to increase the limit:
# vzctl set VPSID --numproc 1000

Re: Moving on to FreeVPS or Xen [message #4168 is a reply to message #4167] Fri, 30 June 2006 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vasily Tarasov is currently offline  Vasily Tarasov
Quote:

So, I suppose, privvmpages limit is also hitted....
Re: Moving on to FreeVPS or Xen [message #4176 is a reply to message #4168] Fri, 30 June 2006 17:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
weycresto is currently offline  weycresto

Hello

A while back a got psa v7.5.4_build75050824.12 os_Debian 3.1 working a treat in OpenVZ. I may try Plesk 8 this weekend.

It was only a test as it would make more sense from a licencing point of view to run it in Virtuozzo. I'm pretty sure the VPS used my vps.256MB.conf but I can paste my /proc/user_beancounters if that helps.

Both Cpanel and Plesk require quite a lot of resources so it goes without saying that quite a "heavy" vps config is required.

I'm no debian expert by any means and just hammered away at `aptitude` till it went off and grabbed all the dependencies that Plesk demanded ;o)

BestRegards

Paul Lee
www.weycrest.co.uk
Re: Moving on to FreeVPS or Xen [message #4177 is a reply to message #4158] Fri, 30 June 2006 17:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vpslinkdotcom is currently offline  vpslinkdotcom
I haven't had the occasion to try this myself, but I beleive there is absolutely zero reason Plesk wouldn't work on OpenVZ. Sure it's not as eays as typing vzpkgadd......
Re: Moving on to FreeVPS or Xen [message #4180 is a reply to message #4177] Fri, 30 June 2006 18:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Absolutely. I've `dabbled` with most of the virtualisation technologies around (UML, FreeVPS, Xen .. and briefly FreeVSD when it was around). OpenVZ is one of the easiest to get up and running once you have a basic understanding of its resource management.

BestRegards

Paul Lee
www.weycrest.co.uk
Re: Moving on to FreeVPS or Xen [message #4193 is a reply to message #4165] Sun, 02 July 2006 02:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body

[Updated on: Sun, 02 July 2006 03:49]

Re: Moving on to FreeVPS or Xen [message #4194 is a reply to message #4158] Sun, 02 July 2006 03:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for all the help guys. I got inedt daemon in and that seemed to help.

For some reason, the plesk installer thinks i'm running virtuozzo. You guys are gonna love this...

Unpacking psa-turba (from .../psa-turba_2.1.1-debian3.1.build80060613.20_i386.deb) ...
Selecting previously deselected package psa-vpn.
Unpacking psa-vpn (from .../psa-vpn_1.0.1-debian3.1.build80060613.20_i386.deb) ...
===> Checking database
===> Checking kernel support for TUN/TAP
Plesk VPN cannot be run under your version of Virtuozzo.
Virtuozzo 2.6.1 or later is required.
The installation cannot continue.
dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/psa-vpn_1.0.1-debian3.1.build8006061 3.20_i386.deb (--unpack):
subprocess pre-installation script returned error exit status 1
Selecting previously deselected package psa-watchdog.
Unpacking psa-watchdog (from .../psa-watchdog_2.0.1-debian3.1.build80060613.20_i386.deb) ...
===> Checking database
Selecting previously deselected package sshterm.
Unpacking sshterm (from .../sshterm_0.2.2-debian3.1.build80060613.20_i386.deb) ...
/var/cache/apt/archives/psa-firewall_1.0.1-debian3.1.build80 060613.20_i386.deb
/var/cache/apt/archives/psa-vpn_1.0.1-debian3.1.build8006061 3.20_i386.deb
ERROR: Install command execution failed
ERROR: Installation failed

Re: Moving on to FreeVPS or Xen [message #4196 is a reply to message #4194] Sun, 02 July 2006 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hello

I carried out a Plesk install within the Debian OpenVZ template yesterday. I carried this out twice as first time round I hadn't quite given the VPS enough resources (though the installation succeeded).

Second time round I increased /proc/user_beancounters and detoggled some of the Plesk components, in particular the VPN and firewall modules and the installation succeeded without error.

Do you need the Plesk VPN and firewall modules? For the firewall module to work I think you will need iptables installed into your VPS.

My Plesk8/OpenVZ/Debian-3.1 demo can be found here:

https://83.167.188.152:8443

BestRegards

Paul Lee
www.weycrest.co.uk
Re: Moving on to FreeVPS or Xen [message #4197 is a reply to message #4196] Sun, 02 July 2006 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
weycresto wrote on Sun, 02 July 2006 05:39

Hello

I carried out a Plesk install within the Debian OpenVZ template yesterday. I carried this out twice as first time round I hadn't quite given the VPS enough resources (though the installation succeeded).

Second time round I increased /proc/user_beancounters and detoggled some of the Plesk components, in particular the VPN and firewall modules and the installation succeeded without error.

Do you need the Plesk VPN and firewall modules? For the firewall module to work I think you will need iptables installed into your VPS.

My Plesk8/OpenVZ/Debian-3.1 demo can be found here:

https://83.167.188.152:8443

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences. I will toggle VPN and firewall modules off and see what happens.
Re: Moving on to FreeVPS or Xen [message #4199 is a reply to message #4197] Sun, 02 July 2006 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

on the other hand you can simply add all the existing iptables modules to your VPS using:
# vzctl set VPSID --iptables <list of all modules from vzctl man> --save

and enable TUN/TAP devices.as described here:
http://wiki.openvz.org/VPN_via_the_TUN/TAP_device

These are prerequirements for Plesk. This is what different between OpenVZ and Virtuozzo. In Virtuozzo everything is prepackaged and ready to use Smile In OpenVZ it works, but you need to know where and what to tweak Smile But we are here to help!

Re: Moving on to FreeVPS or Xen [message #4204 is a reply to message #4158] Sun, 02 July 2006 18:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, reading further down the user's manual helps lol.

I'd like to thank everyone for helping me out. I have successfully installed plesk. Just for reference, the "apt-get -f install" command does wonders for resolving dependencies. I think I'm going to make a precreated template from this vps to save time in the future. I'll post the template if anyone is interested.
Re: Moving on to FreeVPS or Xen [message #4206 is a reply to message #4204] Sun, 02 July 2006 19:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

You are welcome!

I would very much appreaciate if you created a small HOWTO on http://wiki.openvz.org

BTW, if you create such a template we can put it at http://download.openvz.org/contrib/template/precreated/

Re: Moving on to FreeVPS or Xen [message #4251 is a reply to message #4206] Tue, 04 July 2006 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
msokolov is currently offline  msokolov
dev wrote on Mon, 03 July 2006 02:25

You are welcome!

I would very much appreaciate if you created a small HOWTO on http://wiki.openvz.org

Hi, I have created one for CentOS 4 - http://wiki.openvz.org/Plesk_in_VE
Re: Moving on to FreeVPS or Xen [message #4302 is a reply to message #4251] Wed, 05 July 2006 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hello
This howto works as I have just tried the Plesk 8/Centos install.

However I found the Plesk VPN and Firewall modules installer failing as it seems to be looking for a Virtuozzo kernel. (Have installed iptables and vtun into the VPS). However I am using 2.6.16-026test014.4-smp kernel.
There are some also needed components will installed too: 'base' 'autoinstaller'
Get Plesk product packages.
Download file opt/modules/csgs/cs-gs-2.0.0-centos4.2.build80060613.20.i586.rpm: 12%..21%..30%..41%..53%..60%..71%..81%..90%..100% done
Get system update packages.
Start packages installation
Install package cs-gs
===> Checking database
===> Setting up file owners
===> Installing database
===> Registering module
Install package psa-vpn
===> Checking database
===> Checking kernel support for TUN/TAP
Plesk VPN cannot be run under your version of Virtuozzo.
error: %pre(psa-vpn-2.0.1-centos4.2.build80060613.20.i586) scriptlet failed, exit status 1
error:   install: %pre scriptlet failed (2), skipping 

A finishing touch would be to enable second level quota's into the Plesk+Centos VPS.

BestRegards

Paul Lee
www.weycrest.co.uk
Re: Moving on to FreeVPS or Xen [message #4335 is a reply to message #4302] Thu, 06 July 2006 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
weycresto wrote on Wed, 05 July 2006 16:54

Hello
This howto works as I have just tried the Plesk 8/Centos install.

However I found the Plesk VPN and Firewall modules installer failing as it seems to be looking for a Virtuozzo kernel. (Have installed iptables and vtun into the VPS). However I am using 2.6.16-026test014.4-smp kernel.

Try *stab* kernel. Plesk will correctly install VPN and Firewall on VEs on nodes with *test* kernels starting from next Plesk release. Appropriate Plesk bug is marked as FIXED
Re: Moving on to FreeVPS or Xen [message #4341 is a reply to message #4335] Thu, 06 July 2006 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

ah, in this case you can simply change kernel name inside VPS using /proc/sys/kernel/virt_osrelease?

Re: Moving on to FreeVPS or Xen [message #4353 is a reply to message #4335] Thu, 06 July 2006 14:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hm...interesting. I was never able to get the stable kernel to work, maybe i'll try again.
Re: Moving on to FreeVPS or Xen [message #4358 is a reply to message #4341] Fri, 07 July 2006 01:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dev wrote on Thu, 06 July 2006 17:18

ah, in this case you can simply change kernel name inside VPS using /proc/sys/kernel/virt_osrelease?

Yes, seems it should work.
Re: Moving on to FreeVPS or Xen [message #4364 is a reply to message #4358] Fri, 07 July 2006 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Unfortuneatly it doesn't ;o)
1. On the hardware node:

[root@vm5 ~]# echo "2.6.8-022stab070.9-smp" > /proc/sys/kernel/virt_osrelease

2. Ran installer from Plesk inside VE:
===> Checking database
===> Checking kernel support for iptables
Plesk Firewall cannot be run under your version of Virtuozzo.
error: %pre(psa-firewall-1.0.1-centos4.2.build80060613.20.i586) scriptlet failed, exit status 1
error:   install: %pre scriptlet failed (2), skipping psa-firewall-1.0.1-centos4.2.build80060613.20
Error while execute command rpm -U /root/psa/PSA_8.0.1/dist-rpm-CentOS-4.2-i386/opt/modules/firewall/psa-firewall-1.0.1-centos4.2.build80060613.20.i586.rpm

I can try again after migrating this Plesk VE to a hardware node running a non "test" kernel.

BestRegards

Paul Lee
www.weycrest.co.uk
Re: Moving on to FreeVPS or Xen [message #4399 is a reply to message #4364] Mon, 10 July 2006 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My kernel is 2.6.8-022stab078.10

Select action [N]:
Install package psa-firewall
===> Checking database
===> Installing database
===> Installing configuration files
===> Registering services
 Trying to register service psa-firewall...  using /sbin/chkconfig
done
===> Registering module
Installation done.
Re: Moving on to FreeVPS or Xen [message #4403 is a reply to message #4364] Mon, 10 July 2006 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

have you reboot your VE after virt_osrelease set?

Re: Moving on to FreeVPS or Xen [message #4409 is a reply to message #4403] Mon, 10 July 2006 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi There
Gah! Nope I'm an idiot! Embarassed

Completely unrelated to the Plesk matter I had a kernel ooops (which I may try and reproduce) and lost my /proc/sys/kernel/virt_osrelease entry after the hardware node reboot.

I have now added:

1. echo "2.6.8-022stab078.10-smp" > /proc/sys/kernel/virt_osrelease

2.Rebooted VPS and ....
Download file versions.inf3: 13%..47%..100% done
Download file PSA_8.0.1/plesk-8.0.1-cos4.2-i386.inf3: 25%..59%..91%..100% done
Checking for system installed packages...done.
Check for components installation status
Reading system installed packages...done.
Download file plesk-8.0.1-cos4.2-i386.hdr.gz: 11%..28%..39%..48%..54%..61%..72%..86%..94%..100% done
Download file plesk-8.0.1-cos4.2-i386.hdr.gz: 12%..20%..31%..42%..52%..62%..72%..85%..91%..100% done
Resolve components
There are some also needed components will installed too: 'base' 'autoinstaller'
Download file opt/modules/firewall/psa-firewall-1.0.1-centos4.2.build80060613.20.i586.rpm: 21%..41%..56%..74%..88%..100% done
Install package psa-firewall
===> Checking database
===> Installing database
===> Installing configuration files
===> Registering services
 Trying to register service psa-firewall...  using /sbin/chkconfig
done
===> Registering module
Installation done.

Good Work Smile

BestRegards

Paul Lee
www.weycrest.co.uk
Re: Moving on to FreeVPS or Xen [message #4411 is a reply to message #4409] Mon, 10 July 2006 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Would very much appreciate if you reproduce the oops and fill in a bug in bugzilla Cool

Re: Moving on to FreeVPS or Xen [message #6362 is a reply to message #4158] Thu, 14 September 2006 22:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
marcot is currently offline  marcot
Hi *,

after going through the steps to install Plesk and having it up to the point to run OK (incl. Plesk FW) it obviously causes problems now in the VE env.

As such, i´m unable to stop the VE (Operation time out).

Both, HN and VE, run Suse10.

Rgds,
Marco
Re: Moving on to FreeVPS or Xen [message #6377 is a reply to message #6362] Fri, 15 September 2006 05:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message

can you provide the login to check it?
if so, please send it to dev at sw.ru with instructions how to reproduce, which VE etc.

Re: Moving on to FreeVPS or Xen [message #6385 is a reply to message #6377] Fri, 15 September 2006 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

unfortunately no, hence the (external) FW (not under my control) would block the access from other networks than mine:(.

Rgds,
Marco
Re: Moving on to FreeVPS or Xen [message #6388 is a reply to message #6385] Fri, 15 September 2006 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

ok. let's try it another way then:

1. run vzctl stop
which according to you fails with 'Time out'.

2. After it failed with timeout gather the following outputs:

a) ps axf
b) press Alt-SysRq-P 4 times and AltSysRq-T 1 time. After kernel dumps stops printing output send me call traces from /var/log/messages.

(if you have no access to keyboard then do:
# echo t > /proc/sysrq-trigger
)

c) cat /proc/user_beancounters

Re: Moving on to FreeVPS or Xen [message #6394 is a reply to message #4158] Fri, 15 September 2006 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
...would love to - however now the VE does´nt start anymore Sad

# vzctl --verbose start 202
Removing stale lock file /vz/lock/202.lck
Starting VPS ...
Mounting root: /vz/root/202 /vz/private/202
VPS is mounted
Adding IP address(es): aa.bb.cc.dd
Running: /usr/lib/vzctl/scripts/vps-net_add

And from there it never comes back.

Could it have sth. to do that i´ve been faking the kernel version (in order to satisfy the Plesk FW) ?

Rgds,
Marco
Re: Moving on to FreeVPS or Xen [message #6395 is a reply to message #6394] Fri, 15 September 2006 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1. what version have you specified?
2. ok, then connect via ssh when start hangs and take the same information I wrote above.

3. BTW, which kernel ver do you run?

Re: Moving on to FreeVPS or Xen [message #6397 is a reply to message #6395] Fri, 15 September 2006 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1) Specified: echo "2.6.8-022stab078.10-smp" > /proc/sys/kernel/virt_osrelease

3) Actually running: 2.6.16.21_2_ve026test016-1-smp

2)

ps axf
  PID TTY      STAT   TIME COMMAND
    1 ?        S      0:00 init [3]
    2 ?        S      0:00 [migration/0/0]
    3 ?        SN     0:00 [ksoftirqd/0]
    4 ?        S<     0:00 [events/0]
    5 ?        S<     0:00 [khelper]
    6 ?        S<     0:00 [kthread]
   17 ?        S<     0:00  \_ [kblockd/0]
   18 ?        S<     0:00  \_ [kacpid]
  443 ?        S      0:00  \_ [pdflush]
  444 ?        S      0:00  \_ [pdflush]
  446 ?        S<     0:00  \_ [aio/0]
  652 ?        S<     0:00  \_ [cqueue/0]
  653 ?        S<     0:00  \_ [kseriod]
  684 ?        S<     0:00  \_ [kpsmoused]
  803 ?        S<     0:00  \_ [ata/0]
  809 ?        S<     0:00  \_ [scsi_eh_0]
  810 ?        S<     0:00  \_ [scsi_eh_1]
  970 ?        S<     0:00  \_ [xfslogd/0]
  971 ?        S<     0:00  \_ [xfsdatad/0]
  981 ?        S<     0:00  \_ [md9_raid1]
  987 ?        S<     0:00  \_ [md8_raid1]
  993 ?        S<     0:00  \_ [md7_raid1]
  999 ?        S<     0:00  \_ [md6_raid1]
 1005 ?        S<     0:00  \_ [md5_raid1]
 1011 ?        S<     0:00  \_ [md4_raid1]
 1017 ?        S<     0:00  \_ [md3_raid1]
 1023 ?        S<     0:00  \_ [md2_raid1]
 2053 ?        S<     0:00  \_ [md1_raid1]
 2056 ?        S<     0:00  \_ [md0_raid1]
 4213 ?        S<     0:00  \_ [khubd]
 9190 ?        S<     0:00  \_ [migration/202/0]
  442 ?        S      0:00 [ubstatd]
  445 ?        S      0:00 [kswapd0]
 2064 ?        S      0:00 [kjournald]
 2618 ?        S      0:00 [kjournald]
 2620 ?        S      0:00 [kjournald]
 2622 ?        S      0:00 [kjournald]
 2624 ?        S      0:00 [kjournald]
 2626 ?        S      0:00 [kjournald]
 2628 ?        S      0:00 [kjournald]
 2630 ?        S      0:00 [kjournald]
 2632 ?        S      0:00 [kjournald]
 2802 ?        S<s    0:00 udevd
 4262 ?        S      0:00 [shpchpd_event]
 6471 ?        Ss     0:00 /sbin/resmgrd
 6531 ?        Ss     0:00 /usr/bin/dbus-daemon --system
 6743 ?        Ss     0:00 /sbin/syslog-ng
 6746 ?        Ss     0:00 /sbin/klogd -c 1 -x -x
 6757 ?        Ss     0:00 /sbin/portmap
 6814 ?        Ss     0:00 /usr/sbin/acpid
 6873 ?        Ssl    0:00 /usr/sbin/nscd
 6901 ?        SLs    0:00 /usr/sbin/ntpd -p /var/lib/ntp/var/run/ntp/ntpd.pid -u ntp -i /var/lib/ntp
 7003 ?        S      0:00 [vzmond]
 7133 ?        Ss     0:00 /usr/sbin/sshd -o PidFile=/var/run/sshd.init.pid
 9127 ?        Ss     0:00  \_ sshd: ***user*** [priv]
 9129 ?        S      0:00  |   \_ sshd: ***user***@pts/0
 9130 pts/0    Ss     0:00  |       \_ -bash
 9150 pts/0    S      0:00  |           \_ su
 9151 pts/0    S      0:00  |               \_ bash
 9181 pts/0    S+     0:00  |                   \_ vzctl --verbose start 202
 9191 pts/0    S+     0:00  |                       \_ /bin/bash /usr/lib/vzctl/scripts/vps-net_add
 9198 pts/0    S+     0:00  |                           \_ arpsend -c 1 -w 1 -D -e ***aa.bb.cc.dd.ee*** eth1
 9199 ?        Ss     0:00  \_ sshd: ***user*** [priv]
 9201 ?        R      0:00      \_ sshd: ***user***@pts/1
 9202 pts/1    Ss     0:00          \_ -bash
10246 pts/1    S      0:00              \_ su
10247 pts/1    S      0:00                  \_ bash
10254 pts/1    R+     0:00                      \_ ps axf
 8332 ?        Ss     0:00 /usr/lib/postfix/master
 8341 ?        S      0:00  \_ pickup -l -t fifo -u
 8348 ?        S      0:00  \_ qmgr -l -t fifo -u
 8516 ?        Ss     0:00 /usr/sbin/cron
 8619 ?        Ss     0:00 /usr/sbin/hald --daemon=yes --retain-privileges
 8640 ?        S      0:00  \_ hald-addon-acpi
 8824 tty1     Ss+    0:00 /sbin/mingetty --noclear tty1
 8827 tty2     Ss+    0:00 /sbin/mingetty tty2
 8828 tty3     Ss+    0:00 /sbin/mingetty tty3
 8829 tty4     Ss+    0:00 /sbin/mingetty tty4
 8830 tty5     Ss+    0:00 /sbin/mingetty tty5
 8835 tty6     Ss+    0:00 /sbin/mingetty tty6
 9189 ?        Ss     0:00 vzctl --verbose start 202

cat /proc/user_beancounters
Version: 2.5
       uid  resource                     held              maxheld              barrier                limit              failcnt
         0: kmemsize                  6688325              7538210  9223372036854775807  9223372036854775807                    0
            lockedpages                  2655                 2655  9223372036854775807  9223372036854775807                    0
            privvmpages                 12052                23420  9223372036854775807  9223372036854775807                    0
            shmpages                     1760                 1776  9223372036854775807  9223372036854775807                    0
            dummy                           0                    0  9223372036854775807  9223372036854775807                    0
            numproc                        86                  152  9223372036854775807  9223372036854775807                    0
            physpages                    5689                 6099  9223372036854775807  9223372036854775807                    0
            vmguarpages                     0                    0  9223372036854775807  9223372036854775807                    0
            oomguarpages                 5689                 6099  9223372036854775807  9223372036854775807                    0
            numtcpsock                      6                    6  9223372036854775807  9223372036854775807                    0
            numflock                        2                    7  9223372036854775807  9223372036854775807                    0
            numpty                          2                    7  9223372036854775807  9223372036854775807                    0
            numsiginfo                      1                    5  9223372036854775807  9223372036854775807                    0
            tcpsndbuf                    8984               231344  9223372036854775807  9223372036854775807                    0
            tcprcvbuf                       0                 4360  9223372036854775807  9223372036854775807                    0
            othersockbuf               178088               190576  9223372036854775807  9223372036854775807                    0
            dgramrcvbuf                     0                 8456  9223372036854775807  9223372036854775807                    0
            numothersock                  127                  137  9223372036854775807  9223372036854775807                    0
            dcachesize                2000148              2017989  9223372036854775807  9223372036854775807                    0
            numfile                       626                  664  9223372036854775807  9223372036854775807                    0
            dummy                           0                    0  9223372036854775807  9223372036854775807                    0
            numiptent                     119                  125  9223372036854775807  9223372036854775807                    0
       202: kmemsize                   317407               321437             16384000             18022400                    0
            lockedpages                     0                    0                   32                   32                    0
            privvmpages                   107                  107               262144               292912                    0
            shmpages                        0                    0                16384                16384                    0
            dummy                           0                    0                    0                    0                    0
            numproc                         1                    1                  400                  400                    0
            physpages                      60                   60                    0  9223372036854775807                    0
            vmguarpages                     0                    0                 6144  9223372036854775807                    0
            oomguarpages                   60                   60                 6144  9223372036854775807                    0
            numtcpsock                      0                    0                   80                   80                    0
            numflock                        0                    0                  100                  110                    0
            numpty                          0                    0                   16                   16                    0
            numsiginfo                      0                    0                  256                  256                    0
            tcpsndbuf                       0                    0               319488               524288                    0
            tcprcvbuf                       0                    0               319488               524288                    0
            othersockbuf                    0                    0               132096               336896                    0
            dgramrcvbuf                     0                    0               132096               132096                    0
            numothersock                    0                    0                   80                   80                    0
            dcachesize                   2817                 6573              1048576              1097728      

Re: Moving on to FreeVPS or Xen [message #6398 is a reply to message #6397] Fri, 15 September 2006 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

# ip a l
# ip r l

Re: Moving on to FreeVPS or Xen [message #6400 is a reply to message #6398] Fri, 15 September 2006 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

State after rebooted box:

ip a l

2: lo: <LOOPBACK,UP> mtu 16436 qdisc noqueue
    link/loopback 00:00:00:00:00:00 brd 00:00:00:00:00:00
    inet 127.0.0.1/8 scope host lo
    inet6 ::1/128 scope host
       valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever
4: sit0: <NOARP> mtu 1480 qdisc noop
    link/sit 0.0.0.0 brd 0.0.0.0
6: eth1: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP> mtu 1500 qdisc pfifo_fast qlen 1000
    link/ether 00:16:17:99:d3:bc brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
    inet aa.bb.cc.37/27 brd aa.bb.cc.63 scope global eth1
    inet aa.bb.dd.200/29 brd aa.bb.dd.207 scope global eth1:200
    inet6 fe80::123:1234:5678:1234/64 scope link
       valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever
1: venet0: <BROADCAST,POINTOPOINT,NOARP,UP> mtu 1500 qdisc noqueue
    link/void

ip r l

aa.bb.dd.200/29 via aa.bb.dd.201 dev eth1
aa.bb.cc.32/27 dev eth1  proto kernel  scope link  src aa.bb.cc.37
169.254.0.0/16 dev eth1  scope link
127.0.0.0/8 dev lo  scope link
default via aa.bb.cc.33 dev eth1

see also http://forum.openvz.org/index.php?t=tree&goto=6315&# msg_6315
Re: Moving on to FreeVPS or Xen [message #6402 is a reply to message #6400] Fri, 15 September 2006 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to previous message

Can you execute:
# arpsend -c 1 -w 1 -D -e ***aa.bb.cc.dd.ee*** eth1

where aa.bb.cc.dd.ee is your IP address. BTW, I hope it is IPv4 address?

does this command hang if run by hands?

if so, run:
# strace -f -o out arpsend -c 1 -w 1 -D -e ***aa.bb.cc.dd.ee*** eth1

and send me 'out' file.

Previous Topic: vzyum: rpmmodule.so no such file or directory?
Next Topic: *SOLVED* Shared vps files
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 08:15:37 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01498 seconds