OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Windows XP Delayed Write Failed
Windows XP Delayed Write Failed [message #38805] Tue, 02 February 2010 13:39 Go to next message
Pioden is currently offline  Pioden
Hi,

We have six file servers, all virtualised on OpenVZ, all identical in set-up. Even the hardware of the host servers are pretty much identical. Host kernels are 2.6.18-12-fza-amd64 (all hosts) and the fileserver OS is Ubuntu 8.04 (all fileservers).

The problem is that the users of one of the fileservers are reporting Windows 'Delayed Write Failed' messages. Windows (XP Pro) is almost certainly not the issue - every user is using identical 'imaged' Windows installations.

Can anyone suggest what might be wrong? User_beancounters checks out fine - no reported resource shortages. The affected fileserver is in many ways one of our 'quieter' ones - which confuses the issue even more!! I doubt that this is an OpenVZ problem - but I thought I'd better ask here just in case.

TIA

Huw

Re: Windows XP Delayed Write Failed [message #38809 is a reply to message #38805] Wed, 03 February 2010 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nuno is currently offline  nuno
My guess is that it's a samba problem...
Re: Windows XP Delayed Write Failed [message #38813 is a reply to message #38805] Wed, 03 February 2010 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pioden is currently offline  Pioden
Care to elaborate? It's possible I guess but I find that a little strange seeing as all the other fileservers have identical set-ups :-/

Huw
Re: Windows XP Delayed Write Failed [message #38817 is a reply to message #38813] Wed, 03 February 2010 19:35 Go to previous message
nuno is currently offline  nuno
Pioden wrote on Wed, 03 February 2010 09:10
Care to elaborate? It's possible I guess but I find that a little strange seeing as all the other fileservers have identical set-ups :-/

Huw

The openvz kernel is the same in all the other boxes, too. I think it's more likely to be a samba configuration issue, or a network problem.

My only sugestion is to try to reproduce the error and after that use tcpdump to find the differences between a good session and a bad one.
Previous Topic: Unable to start VM
Next Topic: ifup-aliases : No such file or directory
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 15:47:51 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03279 seconds