OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » vzctl stop kills glusterfs? (umount: /media/glusterfs/var/www: Transport endpoint is not connected)
vzctl stop kills glusterfs? [message #37872] Thu, 29 October 2009 10:26 Go to next message
kiskele is currently offline  kiskele
I have a glusterfs mount outside:
Quote:
/etc/glusterfs/glusterfs.vol on /media/glusterfs type fuse.glusterfs (rw,allow_other,default_permissions,max_read=131072)

I made a mount and umount script:
Quote:

/etc/vz/conf/126.mount:
#!/bin/sh

source /etc/vz/vz.conf
source ${VE_CONFFILE}

mount --bind /media/glusterfs/var/www ${VE_ROOT}/var/www

/etc/vz/conf/126.umount:
#!/bin/sh

source /etc/vz/vz.conf
source ${VE_CONFFILE}

umount ${VE_ROOT}/var/www

exit 0

vzctl start 126 was ok.
vzctl stop 126 says:
Quote:

Stopping container ...
Container was stopped
umount: /media/glusterfs/var/www: Transport endpoint is not connected
umount: /var/lib/vz/root/126/var/www: not mounted
umount: /media/glusterfs/var/www: Transport endpoint is not connected
umount: /var/lib/vz/root/126/var/www: not mounted
Container is unmounted

I started glusterfs in debug mode, and it said:
Quote:

[2009-10-29 11:19:09] N [fuse-bridge.c:2544:fuse_thread_proc] fuse: unmounting /media/glusterfs/
[2009-10-29 11:19:09] W [glusterfsd.c:928:cleanup_and_exit] glusterfs: shutting down

but mount still exist. Trying to list content said "Transport endpoint is not connected".

Which part of OpenVZ kills my glusterfs and how can I fix it?

linux-2.6.18-14-fza-686, fuse-2.7.4glfs11, glusterfs-2.0.7

[Updated on: Thu, 29 October 2009 10:31]

Report message to a moderator

Re: vzctl stop kills glusterfs? [message #37873 is a reply to message #37872] Thu, 29 October 2009 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kiskele is currently offline  kiskele
It seems that one of init script umounts it inside the container.
Can I hide these mounts inside?

Quote:

/etc/glusterfs/glusterfs.vol on /home/ritek type fuse.glusterfs (rw,user_id=0,group_id=0,default_permissions,allow_other,max _read=131072)
/etc/glusterfs/glusterfs.vol on /var/ritek type fuse.glusterfs (rw,user_id=0,group_id=0,default_permissions,allow_other,max _read=131072)
/etc/glusterfs/glusterfs.vol on /var/www type fuse.glusterfs (rw,user_id=0,group_id=0,default_permissions,allow_other,max _read=131072)

linux-2.6.18-14-fza-686, fuse-2.7.4glfs11, glusterfs-2.0.7
Re: vzctl stop kills glusterfs? [message #37899 is a reply to message #37873] Fri, 30 October 2009 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maratrus is currently offline  maratrus
Hi,

I have an idea.
The logic may seem a little bit vague but actually you don't need an umount script. Umounting is performed when VE is stopping (like on a standalone computer) by one of the init scripts. So, by the moment the umount script is invoked the bind mount is already umounted. Seems to me that I've already bump into such situations when bind mount cannot be umounted because it doesn't exist anymore and instead the initial mount point is umounted (that's not an OpenVZ logic but umount utility AFAIK).
Re: vzctl stop kills glusterfs? [message #41496 is a reply to message #37872] Tue, 01 February 2011 13:30 Go to previous message
Xabi is currently offline  Xabi
Hi,

I don't know what does vzctl do exactly when you are stopping the container, but through testing I've seen there is a way of making sure glusterfsd is not killed by it, that is unmounting it from within the guest before stopping.

If your mount file is like this:
mount -n --bind /local/glusterfs/mountpoint /var/lib/vz/root/VEID/path/to/directory

Easiest solution is including this command in the stop script:
umount /path/to/directory

The stop script is run before any force umount happens from within the host.

I still would be interested in knowing why does vzctl kill glusterfs if you don't do that prior to stopping the vm.
Previous Topic: *SOLVED* Zaptel - ztdummy - kernel install help
Next Topic: Custom Kernel slackware13.1 with Amazon
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 03:51:59 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03830 seconds