OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » OpenVZ/CentOS and adding DAG repository to yum.conf for VZHosts ?
OpenVZ/CentOS and adding DAG repository to yum.conf for VZHosts ? [message #3531] Thu, 01 June 2006 12:52 Go to next message
tchipman is currently offline  tchipman
Hi all,

sorry if this is terribly obvious ; I've read the manual and searched the forums, and can't find any clear solution - which I'm sure is simple..

I'm playing with OpenVZ on my "test server" (which is running CentOS 4.3) - and I've successfully got a few virtual machines setup and running smoothly (also CentOS based, via templates pulled from the install/downloads areas of the OpenVZ site). So - very nice and I'm very happy things are working well so far.

I've have the host system configured to use the "Dag" Yum archive for access to lots of lovely pre-cooked RPMs for this platform... as per directions at the URL

http://dag.wieers.com/home-made/apt/FAQ.php#B2

alas it isn't fully clear how I integrate this procedure into the template structure from which virtual machines run so that they have access to the new yum repository.

I (for a lark) attempted directly tweaking the file,

/vz/template/centos/4/i386/config/yum.conf

but this wasn't the way to go (or at least, not the entire process).

So -- if anyone has any brief comments or pointers, a brief kick in the right direction would certainly be MUCH appreciated.

Thanks!

--Tim Chipman
Re: OpenVZ/CentOS and adding DAG repository to yum.conf for VZHosts ? [message #3539 is a reply to message #3531] Thu, 01 June 2006 22:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vpslinkdotcom is currently offline  vpslinkdotcom
Tim,

A quick way to accomplish this would be to add some code to /vz/template/centos/4/i386/config/install-post. You'll need to re-create your cache using vzpkgcache or vzpkgcache -f centos-4 for this to take affect for new VE installs.

Hope this helps,

Cameron

[Updated on: Thu, 01 June 2006 22:15]

Report message to a moderator

Re: OpenVZ/CentOS and adding DAG repository to yum.conf for VZHosts ? [message #3577 is a reply to message #3539] Mon, 05 June 2006 12:23 Go to previous message
tchipman is currently offline  tchipman
Hi,

alas I really don't know what code to add .. a bit more hint would be grand. Also, it seems a confusing route to proceed. What I've seen so far suggests that yum-conf-related-stuff for Virtual machines actaully resides within the "phyiscal host" and not the "virtual machine" iteself .. thus tweaking the "post install" script for a virt.machine seems odd to me (?). Of course I may simply not yet understand how this all works well enough yet! Smile

ie, would you suggest I bury inside the post install script something similar to what Dag.Archive recomments to make a machine accept this repo ? approx .. thus:

# Setup trust for archive
rpm --import http://dag.wieers.com/packages/RPM-GPG-KEY.dag.txt
#
# create repo file /etc/yum.repos.d/dag.repo with content thus:
[dag] name=Dag RPM Repository for Red Hat Enterprise Linux
baseurl=http://apt.sw.be/redhat/el$releasever/en/$basearch/dag
gpgcheck=1
enabled=1

?that's it?

sigh.

sorry for being thick on this. I did trawl the manual again but it seems scarce on this topic. Probably this platform(?) is more intended for rather vanilla installs (not requiring atypical repos?) providing standard services .. (?)

Tim
Previous Topic: gentoo / sshd not starting after creating / vzsplit ram ?
Next Topic: Multiple networks?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 13 02:39:32 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01400 seconds