OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » OpenVZ Clustering
OpenVZ Clustering [message #35119] Mon, 02 March 2009 23:49
kiddbios is currently offline  kiddbios
Hello,

The company I work for recently purchased a fiber attached storage array and 2 servers to create a clustered OpenVZ environment. I've been tasked with creating a highly available solution. The only problem with this is that I am fairly new to Linux. I've been using OpenVZ for a few months now and it's been working great. I've been searching for information on how to create an OpenVZ cluster, but everything I have found is referencing DRBD. My understanding is that DRBD is a way to accomplish clustering without having a shared storage resource.

Here is what I would like to do:

Heartbeat
Physical Node 1---------------- Physical Node 2
| |
| |
| |
||||||||||||||||||
|Shared Storage| <---------Virtual Containers Live Here
||||||||||||||||

In the event that the physical node becomes unavailable the containers would automatically fail over to the other node. So my initial questions are:

How is clustering achieved with OpenVZ? Is there a good article/how-to that will point me in the right direction?

Are the individual containers clusterable so that they can be failed over individually?

Are there management tools available for managing how the cluster will behave in certain situations or is everything script based?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

[Updated on: Mon, 02 March 2009 23:52]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Access TVcard from vps?
Next Topic: Strange behavior when starting container - hostname.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:13:18 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01721 seconds