OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » NFS + vzctl stop = full server hang up :(
NFS + vzctl stop = full server hang up :( [message #33830] Thu, 13 November 2008 14:38 Go to next message
silentninja is currently offline  silentninja
I've though that it was because of the nfs mount, but after umounting the nfs partition, stopping nfs-common and portmap it still hangs.

I'm running a Centos 5 x86_64 with a VE in Debian Etch.

There's a mnt folder on the C5 that I access from within the Debian (via NFS). It works, just perfect.. but when I try to restart / stop the VE, the full server hungs up.

I haven't seen any notice on the messages log file (i was tailing it and nothing poped up before the hang).

It just.. died Sad

[root@localhost conf]# vzctl restart 36
Restarting VE
Stopping VE ...
[dead]

BTW: The internal mount is done by this way...
mount -v -t nfs -o rw,vers=3,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,hard,nolock,proto=tcp,timeo=600,retrans=2,sec=sys,addr=192.168.0.25 192.168.0.25:/mnt/webserver-home /home

I've read something about using the "-n" option and the nolock, but I haven't understood exactly what was that about.

[Updated on: Thu, 13 November 2008 14:40]

Report message to a moderator

Re: NFS + vzctl stop = full server hang up :( [message #33832 is a reply to message #33830] Thu, 13 November 2008 15:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
khorenko is currently offline  khorenko
Hi.

i'm afraid to be able to debug this issue we need logs.
First of all - calltraces of all processes (via Alt+SysRQ magic keys). But gathering them require a serial console installed or at least - a network console.
Is it possible to configure one of them, preferably serial console?

Thanks,

--
Konstantin

If your problem is solved - please, report it!
It's even more important than reporting the problem itself...
Re: NFS + vzctl stop = full server hang up :( [message #33838 is a reply to message #33832] Thu, 13 November 2008 19:10 Go to previous message
silentninja is currently offline  silentninja
I'm not sure about how to do that, I have access to the computer, it's here on my side, but when the vzctl tries to shutdown the vps with the nfs partition mounted (at least, if it has been mounted on any time between start and stop), it freezes and the keyboard stops responding to me.

How can I do what you say ?
Do I need some special equipment ?

PS: I've tried to do a -n mount (so it doesn't appear on mtab) and with or without nolock but there was the same as usual. I can send you a pm with ssh access to the server if it's needed to help on the case.

EDIT: Some more info, i've tried to do a "halt -p" inside the VE ant the HN went like crazy with this process: 101 (CPU) vzmond/36. (36 is the VE id). It never ends, but at least my HN is not freezed. Just.. unstable.

[Updated on: Thu, 13 November 2008 19:43]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: OpenVZ & PostgreSQL: shmpages, shared_buffers, kernel.shmmax
Next Topic: Kernel panic
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 12:22:15 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01512 seconds