OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » normal like reboot on guest OS, possible?
normal like reboot on guest OS, possible? [message #33376] Thu, 09 October 2008 17:51 Go to next message
elg3ne is currently offline  elg3ne
Hello guys, I am running ovz on a centos 4.4 host with sme 7.3 as guest os. For me to enable the update I did on my guest os, I need to reboot guest os. is it possible to reboot the guest os like "normal" reboot of a server? because sme will not activate the update i made if i did not reboot the system.

any ideas?

thanks
Re: normal like reboot on guest OS, possible? [message #33382 is a reply to message #33376] Fri, 10 October 2008 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maratrus is currently offline  maratrus
Hello,

Quote:

because sme will not activate the update i made if i did not reboot the system.

What do you have in mind? What kind of action does your VE expect?
Why "reboot" inside your VE doesn't help you?
Re: normal like reboot on guest OS, possible? [message #33383 is a reply to message #33382] Fri, 10 October 2008 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
reboot inside the VE do not do anything on the SME config I have.

if you are familiar with SME, if you made an update, the machine should be rebooted & the SME will perform its update on bootup.

thanks
Re: normal like reboot on guest OS, possible? [message #33384 is a reply to message #33383] Fri, 10 October 2008 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maratrus is currently offline  maratrus
Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with SME.
But who must change SME config? Of course, it's not a kernel.
I guess it must do one of the init scripts. So, reboot inside VE should help.
Could you please explain the problem why reboot or "vzctl stop; vzctl start" don't help in this situation? Why do you want to reboot HN too?
Re: normal like reboot on guest OS, possible? [message #33385 is a reply to message #33384] Fri, 10 October 2008 13:25 Go to previous message
i already post a question on SME forum if it is possible to apply the changes without restarting the machine..

anyhow, even rebooting the host machine, the update on sme does not apply.

sme requires to reboot the machine to apply the updates you have made on the system. while the sme is booting, before all services is loaded like network, samba, squid, etc. the sme will apply the changes & i dont know how it is being done by the sme script.

anyhow, i just hope that someone will answer my question on sme forum.

thanks
Previous Topic: porblems allocate memroy
Next Topic: VPS's takes upto 1 hour to start
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 05:54:27 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01419 seconds