OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » *SOLVED* Problem creating directory or file with foreign characters on VE based on Centos 5 template
*SOLVED* Problem creating directory or file with foreign characters on VE based on Centos 5 template [message #32570] Sat, 16 August 2008 21:00 Go to next message
fgomes is currently offline  fgomes
When I try to create a directory or file on the VE (Based on the CentOS 5 default template) with the console through ssh using foreign characters, the name gets messed (for example, mkdir Bló creates a directory named Bl?). The same happens to files copied to the same VE by SFTP. If I do exactly the same thing on the hardware node (CentOS 5.2 installation) it works well. If I execute env on both HN and VE I get on both:

LANG=en_US.UTF-8

Is there anything else I should look for?

Thanks

Fernando

[Updated on: Mon, 18 August 2008 11:17] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problem creating directory or file with foreign characters on VE based on Centos 5 default templ [message #32575 is a reply to message #32570] Sun, 17 August 2008 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kir is currently offline  kir

I _guess_ the problem is with your client ssh -- it should have the same encoding, i.e. UTF-8. To prove (or disprove) that, try logging in to your VE from a Linux system -- most distros are now using UTF-8 by default.

Kir Kolyshkin
http://static.openvz.org/userbars/openvz-developer.png
Re: Problem creating directory or file with foreign characters on VE based on Centos 5 default templ [message #32586 is a reply to message #32575] Mon, 18 August 2008 09:58 Go to previous message
fgomes is currently offline  fgomes
Yes, you are correct! That's seems strange because I was using putty configured to use UTF-8 on windows XP, connected to both hardware node and VE, and it works well on the HN and not on the VE... But after your email I used a Ubuntu 8.04 to connect to the VE and it worked well. Thanks for your help!

Fernando
Previous Topic: cpanel quota unlimted
Next Topic: Unable to open PTY: No such file or directory - CentOS i386 Minimal precreated template
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 12:09:22 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01876 seconds