OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » OS templete problem
OS templete problem [message #32189] Thu, 24 July 2008 17:46 Go to next message
harrison is currently offline  harrison
Hi,

Please someone help me

I am facing below problem

Installed OpenVz in one of our server.

1. Downloaded rpm for kernel, vzpkg, vzquota etc all are working fine.
But when installing

rpm -ivh vztmpl-fedora-core-4-2.0-2.i386.rpm

Says it is already installed

But when we are giving rpm -ql or rpm -qa it shows it is not installed.

2. Giving vzpkgcache command getting below error

ERROR: RPM python path not found: /usr/share/vzpkgtools/vzrpm44/lib/python/site-packages
Creating cache for fedora-core-5-i386-minimal OS template
/usr/share/vzpkg/cache-os: line 190: 18790 Floating point exception$YUM $YUM_CMD
ERROR: yum failed with 136 exit code
ERROR: RPM python path not found: /usr/share/vzpkgtools/vzrpm44/lib/python/site-packages
Creating cache for fedora-core-5-i386-default OS template
/usr/share/vzpkg/cache-os: line 190: 18885 Floating point exception$YUM $YUM_CMD
Creating cache for fedora-core-4-i386-minimal OS template
/usr/share/vzpkg/cache-os: line 190: 18980 Floating point exception$YUM $YUM_CMD
Creating cache for fedora-core-4-i386-default OS template
/usr/share/vzpkg/cache-os: line 190: 19075 Floating point exception$YUM $YUM_CMD

PYTHON INSTALLED VERSIONS ARE BELOW
python-2.3.4-14
python-2.5.1-30.fc10

Please kindly help me to solve this problem.

With regards,
Harrison

With regards,
Harrison
Re: OS templete problem [message #32218 is a reply to message #32189] Sat, 26 July 2008 16:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kenjy is currently offline  kenjy
This is my own point but guys why to use a specific distro package manager for a template? Just create your own and manage theme like you wish :S

http://kenjy.net |Live net !!!
Re: OS templete problem [message #32233 is a reply to message #32189] Mon, 28 July 2008 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dowdle is currently offline  dowdle
You haven't really given any information. What distro is your host node? What arch is it?

vzpkgcache / vzyum are somewhat broken in newer releases and os template metadata packages are almost non-existent for newer distributions. With the current Fedora release being 9 and Fedora 7 and lower no longer supported, do you really want to make a Fedora Core 4 OS Template?

The point of that last paragraph is to say don't use vzpkgcache / vzyum. Use a package manager inside of your containers... and use pre-created OS Templates. You can create containers from pre-created OS Templates, update them, configure them, add software as desired and then turn those containers into an OS Template if desired.

I have uploaded to the pre-created OS Template contrib section, updated OS Templates (dated today) for CentOS 4 i386/x86_64, CentOS 5 i386/x86_64, Fedora 8 i386, and Fedora 9 i386... and all of those include yum installed. I mention my contributed OS Templates because the official ones do not include yum. If you'd prefer to use official ones that don't include yum, there is a wiki page that explains how to install yum via rpm. Basically you download and install all of the needed packages for yum.

It would be nice if vzpkgcache and vzyum were fixed but I can't do it because I'm not a programmer.

--
TYL, Scott Dowdle
Belgrade, Montana, USA
Re: OS templete problem [message #32361 is a reply to message #32233] Sat, 02 August 2008 01:11 Go to previous message
harrison is currently offline  harrison
Hi,

Thank you all for your help. I have uninstalled FEDRO and installed centos, everything is working fine now.

I want to install cpanel in main vps server, after installation how can create to other users like 101, 102 users ?

With regards,

Harrison

With regards,
Harrison
Previous Topic: bogomips != bogomips in /proc/cpuinfo
Next Topic: Promised Value >100 is correct
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 09:19:51 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02315 seconds