OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Nat inside VE - openvpn again
Nat inside VE - openvpn again [message #32095] Mon, 21 July 2008 08:37 Go to next message
mperkel is currently offline  mperkel
Getting this inside the VE:

iptables -L -t nat
iptables v1.4.1.1: can't initialize iptables table `nat': Table does not exist (do you need to insmod?)
Perhaps iptables or your kernel needs to be upgraded.

On the HN it works:

iptables -L -t nat
Chain PREROUTING (policy ACCEPT)
target prot opt source destination

Chain POSTROUTING (policy ACCEPT)

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)

Conf file has:

IPTABLES="ipt_REJECT ipt_tos ipt_TOS ipt_LOG ip_conntrack ipt_limit ipt_multiport iptable_filter
iptable_mangle ipt_TCPMSS ipt_tcpmss ipt_ttl ipt_length ipt_state iptable_nat ip_nat_ftp"

It's 1:30 in the morning and I'm brain dead. What am I doing wrong.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Nat inside VE - openvpn again [message #32099 is a reply to message #32095] Mon, 21 July 2008 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If I run this at the command line it works after restarting the vz service:

modprobe ip_nat
modprobe xt_tcpudp
modprobe ip_conntrack ip_conntrack_enable_ve0=1

How do I get these modules to load on startup?

Re: Nat inside VE - openvpn again [message #32101 is a reply to message #32099] Mon, 21 July 2008 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kir is currently offline  kir

You're right -- these modules need to be loaded before vz service start.

Some are supposed to be loaded by /etc/init.d/vz itself -- see it and IPTABLES variable defined in /etc/vz/vz.conf.

Some are supposed to be loaded by /etc/init.d/iptables script -- see it and IPTABLES_MODULES variable defined in /etc/sysconfig/iptables-config

I suggest you to add ip_nat to IPTABLES in /etc/vz/vz.conf

Kir Kolyshkin
http://static.openvz.org/userbars/openvz-developer.png
Re: Nat inside VE - openvpn again [message #32102 is a reply to message #32099] Mon, 21 July 2008 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

In addition,
> modprobe ip_conntrack ip_conntrack_enable_ve0=1
is only needed if you want NAT to work in VE0. NAT in VEs will work regardless of this setting.

Kir Kolyshkin
Re: Nat inside VE - openvpn again [message #32114 is a reply to message #32095] Mon, 21 July 2008 17:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok - is there a file somewhere where I can just force the loading of modules on boot? Do I do it in modprobe.conf?

Re: Nat inside VE - openvpn again [message #32116 is a reply to message #32095] Mon, 21 July 2008 17:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What I'm thinking is - there should be a text file called "nat" that I can put into the /etc/modprobe.d directory to load the necessary modules. What would that file have in it?

Re: Nat inside VE - openvpn again [message #32120 is a reply to message #32116] Tue, 22 July 2008 07:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

/etc/modprobe.d/smth will not autoload modules for you AFAIK. See man modprobe.conf for description of what you can put there. It is basically for passing options to modules, blacklisting modules, or having your own code executed instead of loading the module.

Kir Kolyshkin
Re: Nat inside VE - openvpn again [message #32121 is a reply to message #32095] Tue, 22 July 2008 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So - what's the proper way to preload modules?

Re: Nat inside VE - openvpn again [message #32122 is a reply to message #32121] Tue, 22 July 2008 07:45 Go to previous message

I have described two different ways above, in message #32101 ( http://forum.openvz.org/index.php?t=tree&&th=6522&am p;goto=32101#msg_32101), seems like you overlooked it.

Kir Kolyshkin
Previous Topic: Transfer rate from inside container?
Next Topic: netdev_add under debian : how to configure device after
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 03 19:05:00 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01737 seconds