OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Why CentOS 5 VE templates not official
Why CentOS 5 VE templates not official [message #29399] Sat, 12 April 2008 02:30 Go to next message
macropin is currently offline  macropin
Chris Turan has released working patches which enable the creation of CentOS 5 VE's.

We've got two production hosts running CentOS 5 with CentOS 5 VE's. No issues so far. Seems other people agree too.

Chris Turan wrote on Mon, 24 December 2007 22:46

I'd very much be interested in seeing this become an official metadata template on openvz.org. I'd like to get centos-5 out of the user contrib area.

FWIW, I've looked at the patch and it looks fine. Nothing too hacky apart from the udev disablement which is required.

Does anyone know if there is an reason why this has not yet been included in the official templates? (Support for CentOS 5 seems very slow, having been released 1 Year ago)

[Updated on: Sat, 12 April 2008 02:32]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Why CentOS 5 VE templates not official [message #29801 is a reply to message #29399] Fri, 25 April 2008 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
macropin is currently offline  macropin
Surely someone else here is using CentOS 5?
Re: Why CentOS 5 VE templates not official [message #29878 is a reply to message #29399] Mon, 28 April 2008 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SoftDux is currently offline  SoftDux
We also use CentOS 5, and there is a user-contributed CentOS 5 template which works very well, so I'd be very interested to know when this will be official as well
Re: Why CentOS 5 VE templates not official [message #30087 is a reply to message #29399] Fri, 09 May 2008 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tpso
I'm all so using Centos 5 on several sites.

Actually my intention was to ask for an official Centos 5 template
when I saw this thread.

So YES, please make the Centos 5 template offical.

Another reason to do this is to signal that OpenVZ is a living projekt.

If you go to the download-area and look for templates
you will find centos-4, and FC 3,4,5

Quite old distros. Centos-5 has been out for about a year
and Fedora is now version 9.

It really looks like OpenVZ is a dying projekt, and that is bad.

/Thomas
Re: Why CentOS 5 VE templates not official [message #30088 is a reply to message #30087] Fri, 09 May 2008 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tpso
BTW - I cant even find the Centos 5 metadata in the contrib
area.

I know that last time I found it was directly in the forum.
Is it really so difficult for forum users to have things placed in the download-area.

I my experience is that a template without metadata is much more difficult to maintain due to problems with vzyum tools - or is there something i'm doing wrong?

/Thomas
Re: Why CentOS 5 VE templates not official [message #30183 is a reply to message #30088] Wed, 14 May 2008 18:17 Go to previous message
sudhaker is currently offline  sudhaker

Not sure WHY!

But you can get the un-official version from
http://www.neonhost.com/openvz/vztmpl-centos-5-2.0-2.i386.rp m

Cheers,
Sudhaker
http://sudhaker.com
Previous Topic: WIKI - Shared webhosting - problem with mysql socket
Next Topic: vzctl version 3.0.22 vzmigrate fails with error Error: Failed to copy config file
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 16:01:38 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01397 seconds